Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had to replace the rear endlinks and afterward started to notice a metal tap sound coming from the rear driver side whenever going over bumps above 20mph. If I go slowly enough, I don't hear it. I switched the endlinks last night to see if it was something specific with one of them and it's still there. I shoved my go pro underneath to get a look and you can hear it around the 5 second mark, but, I don't see anything. Nothing appears loose. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
The end links need to be really tight. I had a similar issue with the front. Once I tightened the the end links all the way sound was gone

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Also if it's an after market bar grease the heck out of the subframe mounts/bushings. I would get sone weird noises "clunks" and that was my issue. Steeda rear bar if it matters

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also if it's an after market bar grease the heck out of the subframe mounts/bushings. I would get sone weird noises "clunks" and that was my issue. Steeda rear bar if it matters
Stock bar. I busted one end link making a turn and driving over a steel construction plate. Obviously, a little too fast. Decided to upgrade both of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts