Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Have that exact kit at home waiting for a cooler night to do it on my new ST. 2 car guys I know recommended it.

Reactions: SIstomper

·
Registered
162 Posts
I also use the Meguiar's clay. It's a mild clay that definitely won't cause any marring.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ive used it and it works well. I have also used a several other brands and they have all worked well.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Yes it is a good kit. I doubt it will take rust off. If you have little orange specs on your paint, it may help there. For that I would start with a wash, then chemical,decontamination then clay. For the chemical decontamination use a iron removing wheel cleaner like Sonax. Adams Deep Wheel Cleaner is and can safely be cut 1:1 and still b effective. If you want locally bought stuff Dub Wheel cleaner is supposed to work well though I have never used it.

Reactions: stylo

·
Registered
439 Posts
Yes it is a good kit. I doubt it will take rust off. If you have little orange specs on your paint, it may help there. For that I would start with a wash, then chemical,decontamination then clay. For the chemical decontamination use a iron removing wheel cleaner like Sonax. Adams Deep Wheel Cleaner is and can safely be cut 1:1 and still b effective. If you want locally bought stuff Dub Wheel cleaner is supposed to work well though I have never used it.
Take this gentlemans advice.

I am assuming the rust spots OP has referred to is more industrial fallout as opposed to rust in the real meaning of the word.

This gives a good explanation of it - Removing Industrial Fallout | Car Cleaning Guru

Apply iron removal chemicals first, then clay the car as you would normally, then seal with wax.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ive used the kit before on my old mustang and it worked really well.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've used the clay bar and redish colour bottle, detailer spray in combination before and been very happy with the results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.