Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rather than pile up on my intro thread, I'm moving all my info here going forward, visual and performance.

'14 Focus ST Tuxedo Black

Roush CAI
Velossa Tech Big Mouth intake
Roush 3" Catback
MBRP 3" catless DP
SCT X4 Unleashed 93 Tune
Steeda Sound Symposer Delete
Steeda Oil Separator
NGK (1 Step Colder) Plugs
CP-E Rear Mount
CP-E Passenger Side Mount

3rd Light Flasher
Painted Calipers (Gloss Red)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
How do you like the tune?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tested out the regular 93 tune, going to apply the 93 Race tune this weekend.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you like the tune?
Tested out both tunes, they are very nice. 1st gear is literally just to try to get rolling lol, 2nd has a decent spin as well. 0-120mph is like a hot knife through butter, scary really lol.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Tested out both tunes, they are very nice. 1st gear is literally just to try to get rolling lol, 2nd has a decent spin as well. 0-120mph is like a hot knife through butter, scary really lol.

Nice, I am excited to get my Unleashed tune on my ST.

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
I am trying to decide what access port tune to get... Cobb AP3 or SCT...

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update 11/20/17

Installed:
Steeda Sound Symposer Delete kit
Steeda Oil Separator Kit
NGK (1 Step Colder) Plugs

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let me know how the Steeda separator works for you. I'm between that and the JLT oil separator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Let me know how the Steeda separator works for you. I'm between that and the JLT oil separator.

I gotta say so far the Steeda design has it located in a terrible spot. Not sure how other kits are, but I would definitely consider something that locates the catch can at least in front of the intake tube. I forsee emptying it on a regular basis becoming a pain with it behind the intake tube and under the cowl. Will keep posted on how the first emptying goes.

'14 ST TB/Roush CAI/SCT X4 Unleashed 93

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
what did you coat your wheels with? I like them, looks better than plasti dip?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
what did you coat your wheels with? I like them, looks better than plasti dip?
It was plastidip. They have since been stripped off. When I took my csr in to get the winter set on the machine rubbed the edges off pretty good. Just need to powder coat them next time, but I also found out 2 of the wheels are bent so I got that going for me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I gotta say so far the Steeda design has it located in a terrible spot. Not sure how other kits are, but I would definitely consider something that locates the catch can at least in front of the intake tube. I forsee emptying it on a regular basis becoming a pain with it behind the intake tube and under the cowl. Will keep posted on how the first emptying goes.

The two JLT ones that I've seen mount in front and back. Front one is up near hood latch and back one sits just above where the intake tube bends down to the turbo. I do agree with you on Steeda's location, it does seem pretty lame. Size seems pretty small too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Just placed a big order thanks to CJ Pony Parts black friday deals:

Roush 3" exhaust
MBRP 3" catless DP
CP-E rear mount
CP-E passenger side mount

Should be here next week. Sooooo excited lol.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just placed a big order thanks to CJ Pony Parts black friday deals:

Roush 3" exhaust
MBRP 3" catless DP
CP-E rear mount
CP-E passenger side mount

Should be here next week. Sooooo excited lol.

Roush 3" is backordered. Not going to start install until that is here. Just want to do it all at once.

'14 Focus ST (TB) CAI/3"Exhaust/3"Catless DP/ Unleashed 93 Tune

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Very frustrated right now. I got the rear mount installed and started on the downpipe. Then I hit what I feared would be an issue and my catback couplerbolts are rusted solid. Going to try some PB Blaster and seewhere that gets me but I may have to make a cut to get the stock DP out. Not a big deal since my Roush catback is also going in, but it doesn't arrive until the 20th. Was just wanting to get the bulk of the work done now and just throw the pipe on after it arrives but i didnt want my car to be down that long. Anyone have other suggestions? These bolts almost look like they were welded in place.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the mounts in! Vibration is about what I expected, but during a pull it feels solid. Very happy with it. Went ahead and reassembled the DPbracket and will just get the exhaust done at a later date when I have everything on hand.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
The big mouth finally arrived. Deleted the shroud and smactive grille shutters as well during the install. Just wish I had an intercooler to put in while the bumper was off. Not too bad to do but getting to the pinch bracket holding the bumper cover by the wheel well was a pain. Definitely recommend doing everything you need to while the bumper is off. I noticed my cover was split in a few spots during removal, previous owner had definately had it off at some point. Yes I totally destroyed the shutters lol, it sucked taking off. Intercooler definately needs to come off to take it out, but i didn't feel like doing that so i just yanked it till it came out. Couple shutters were broken anyway.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Got the mounts in! Vibration is about what I expected, but during a pull it feels solid. Very happy with it. Went ahead and reassembled the DPbracket and will just get the exhaust done at a later date when I have everything on hand.

What bushing did you go with?

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What bushing did you go with?

Sent from another galaxy.
CP-E thanks to the black friday deals at CJ Pony Parts. Did pass side and rear, still need to do drivers side.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts