Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just dropping in to introduce myself as I'm new to the ST and boosted and FWD scene. Lol. I just bought my '14 ST here in Tennessee and very happy with the first few pulls I've done with it.

This isn't my DD and will be sitting in the garage most it's life so naturally I want to tinker with it. Been browsing different setups I've seen and liking the Cobb stage 3 pack mostly, but have also been watching videos on the Ford Performance Power Pack. I'm a tight wad and love to work on things myself, but also a full believer of letting professionals do professional work and not afraid to take it to a shop.

I've had one build before this that I pulled the plug on as I was still in college and was very poor lol. It was a V6 F150 and was attempting to swap a Lightning supercharger with a custom adapter plate. I got as far as parts in my garage and adapter plate template made before I sold everything. Disappointed but the truck was a 97 with over 150k miles and wouldn't have handled it.

I want to do this car the right way and don't want to get into the block just yet, or at all. Not looking for a 10 second car but I want to be able to eat mustangs alive. I like the thought of a stage kit but also dont want to unnecessarily break the bank if I can build a cheaper better kit and have the car custom tuned properly. With how often I move around, I'm in different climates/elevations a lot so canned tunes worry me a bit.

Anyway, now you know me hopefully I can learn a lot from you all and I can hopefully contribute to the community as well.

Here is pics of the focus:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed the photos

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Update:

Love the ST, been reading up a lot on here and had a tough time deciding how to start my build. CJ Pony Parts seems to be an excellent source and I purchased the SCTX4 and the Roush Intake. Liking the design of the stock airbox the Roush seemed to be my favorite option. I have used SCT for my past 2 vehicles and am comfortable with its programming. Parts should ship 15-20th so I will get some feedback on here once it is installed.

I have also added a couple more pics of the ST.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome! I know just where you took those pics as I live in those apartments while my house was being built and actually still store my camper there. I live in Hendersonville now but am often out in Gallatin. My ST is TB with graphite Enkei wheels. I'm sure we'll see each other out and about at some point.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome! I know just where you took those pics as I live in those apartments while my house was being built and actually still store my camper there. I live in Hendersonville now but am often out in Gallatin. My ST is TB with graphite Enkei wheels. I'm sure we'll see each other out and about at some point.
This wouldn't happen to be you would it? We should meet up sometime and check out our rides.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the intake and the tune installed. Had a few good pulls with it but had some issues last night. Upon take off it would throw the car into limp mode with a P061B - Control Module Torque Calculation Performance. After a few hours of research I believe due to me setting the throttle response to agressive it was just way to much from a dig for the canned tune. Kind of dumb in my opinion figured SCT eould have accounted to bump up the torque values a bit. Anyway i turned the throttle response back down to stock value and after 2 good pulls last night everything went smooth.

This car has definately woken up now. Now i need to get mounts, and an exhaust lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
This wouldn't happen to be you would it?
Nope, not me and surprisingly I haven't seen that ST around. Mine is a '13 with has graphite Enkei wheels, black mudflaps and VT wind risers (just pointing out the obvious visual stuff).

We should meet up sometime and check out our rides.
That'd be cool to have a beer or two and talk cars. I'll PM you my number.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Plasti-dipped my snowflake wheels today as well as painted the calipers. My stock rims had several blimishes and needed something done. Thought I would try this out and if it lasts great, if not I'll probably get them powder coated.

Also, just had Torrie from Unleashed send me a couple files to start with.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts