Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everone!

I need your help for understand my oil leak issue.

I changed my FMIC + RMM when I see this (1 day on jack):

Floor Flooring Concrete Sport venue Asphalt Auto part Vehicle Engine Auto part Pipe Engine Fuel line Automotive exhaust

I clear the oil and wait 2-3 hours:

Auto part Fuel line Engine Automotive engine part Automotive fuel system

I think it's from the nut behind the plug but I can't see exactly where oil from and what is it.

It's a serious issue ?

Thank you for your help! and sorry for my english

·
Premium Member
13,975 Posts
Thank you for your reply. But I'm no longer within warranty.

I think that the Turbo oil feed line is in cause:
Ford OEM Turbo Oil Feed Line Assembly Ford Focus ST 2013+
Just to confirm you are out of the 5yr/60k warrenty? I've seen lots of people here think the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper was the powertrain warrenty.

Before you go buying new parts I'd give everything as good of a cleaning as possible. That way you can tell for sure. From your picture there is oil everywhere and would be difficult to diagnosed properly. If you are certain go for it.

Sent from another galaxy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just to confirm you are out of the 5yr/60k warrenty? I've seen lots of people here think the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper was the powertrain warrenty.

Before you go buying new parts I'd give everything as good of a cleaning as possible. That way you can tell for sure. From your picture there is oil everywhere and would be difficult to diagnosed properly. If you are certain go for it.

Sent from another galaxy.
I'm 70k+ so no warranty.

Yes I'll try ASAP to clean all parts and maybe tighten the line.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wondering if it was the turbo oil feed line. I'm having the same leak that appears from the same area. Mine is just not as bad as yours. My car only has 5k miles but I know sometimes those copper washers sometimes don't seal properly and will allow some oil to come through under pressure. I'm still under warranty but with my luck the dealer will do more damage than fix my minor leak. If they even fix it. Heard many stories about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for your reply.

Post your feedback if you go to the dealer.

I did not have the time to check again my car... I'll do this weekend perhaps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts