Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
‘13 Focus ST3, Tuxedo Black
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
^^ thats an easy 50 hp right there bro what do you mean stock?!?! -- haha

I met an ST owner at a parking lot once.
He said that with only a cat back exhaust he's seeing 330 whp on the dyno and is beating Camaro's all the time. Was planning for 350hp from a cat-less downpipe that he had "in the mail".
I said "wow that's some tune you've got"
he said "nah man the stock tune is crazy. haven't found a reason to tune it yet"

Ignorance is bliss. Sometimes you gotta let the +5hp mudflap owners just do their thing.
There’s was a guy selling his on Craigslist. Swore up and down he was making 320hp and 350ftlbs with no tune and a few bolt-ons. Claimed he smoked a “coyote or two”. On top of that, he wanted some ridiculous price.

·
Registered
78 Posts
There’s was a guy selling his on Craigslist. Swore up and down he was making 320hp and 350ftlbs with no tune and a few bolt-ons. Claimed he smoked a “coyote or two”. On top of that, he wanted some ridiculous price.

View attachment 388190
"I have done a ton of modifications to this car myself"
This immediately knocks 20% off the value off a car for me.

Was it just the exhaust, downpipe and BOV? There's no way in hell he's pushing 320 whp on that.

·
Premium Member
‘13 Focus ST3, Tuxedo Black
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
"I have done a ton of modifications to this car myself"
This immediately knocks 20% off the value off a car for me.

Was it just the exhaust, downpipe and BOV? There's no way in hell he's pushing 320 whp on that.
Read from the bottom up.
Not only that, his hp and torque numbers didn’t match up. Kid was a clown.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I've been looking at Miata's for a project car... Too many folks claiming their 1990 Miata with a cold air intake and 20 degree camber pull 200HP...

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
lol what a moron. id run so far away from this car, stock intercooler and the guy probably does daily pulls with disugsting charge temps. GROSS!
But bro the car is meant to knock. Your just jealous cause you cant keep up.

·
Premium Member
1,114 Posts
But bro the car is meant to knock. Your just jealous cause you cant keep up.
This is the one that always gets me. “Ignore the negatives” “meant to knock” “put your AP in the glovebox”

Just put some black tape over the CEL too while your at it.

Every behavior the car has is for a reason, it irks me to no end when people say it’s safe to ignore something and their only reason is “because you can ignore it”.

·
Registered
78 Posts
This is the one that always gets me. “Ignore the negatives” “meant to knock” “put your AP in the glovebox”

Just put some black tape over the CEL too while your at it.

Every behavior the car has is for a reason, it irks me to no end when people say it’s safe to ignore something and their only reason is “because you can ignore it”.
I mean... My wife's old 2003 Camry had a CEL for 2 years. We'd check the codes every now and then and it was always just the O2 sensor. That means I can ignore CELs forever and on every car I own, right?

·
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,070 Posts

This kids is what pops into my head every time I hear about advanced tuning on the factory intercooler... Croc Nuts.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts