Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever ordered directly from maxton and not through a vendor? I’m trying to order the front bumper and am having the most difficult time getting the parts. If anyone has please guide me and walk me through the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
there was a recent thread about maxton where we tried to do a group buy for the rear diffuser style lower bumper, not sure what the deal was but they wouldn't do a group buy.

I can't search so you're on your own, I get an error when searching:

Unauthorized access to internal API. Please refer to https://support.google.com/customsearch/answer/4542055

·
Registered
979 Posts
I really want that rear diffuser from them, wish there were easy vendors state side.

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to give everyone an update, using PayPal is the easiest way to purchase through maxton unless you use a vendor. And shipping is pretty expensive. Like almost double what most parts are.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Just to give everyone an update, using PayPal is the easiest way to purchase through maxton unless you use a vendor. And shipping is pretty expensive. Like almost double what most parts are.

Well it's coming from the UK so the exchange rate isn't great.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's roughly $431 shipped after their 10% coupon

Here is the pricing I was given.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thats odd, here is what the reponse I got from Maxton:

Hi

The shipping cost for this product to USA is £130 and is likely to take around 3-4 weeks once the order has been placed.

Kind regards
Natalie
Sales Team

·
Registered
110 Posts
It's roughly $431 shipped after their 10% coupon
That's a pretty decent deal. Mine was $455 shipped to my Germany residence and it still took about 3 weeks to get it. Did you get the LED fog lamps as well?

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
And she has finally arrived. Still waiting on hood and some other goodies. Just needs painted and installed.

Reactions: mmst3

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
And she has finally arrived. Still waiting on hood and some other goodies. Just needs painted and installed.
Looks really good. Almost pulled the trigger on the front bumper and a rear diffuser but the shipping was just too much couldn't justify spending 600 bucks shipping on just a rear diffuser.

The front bumper still made of fiberglass? Or is it ABS plastic?

Reactions: 20focusSTdriver17

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks really good. Almost pulled the trigger on the front bumper and a rear diffuser but the shipping was just too much couldn't justify spending 600 bucks shipping on just a rear diffuser.

Fiberglass.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Fiberglass really good quality tho. There is a couple spots that need to be smoothed out. But nothing a good body shop can’t take care of

·
Registered
744 Posts
I don't want to dissuade you but I had this bumper and got in a minor fender-bender and the bumper was irreparable. It was nice when it lasted but be very careful.

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
I don't want to dissuade you but I had this bumper and got in a minor fender-bender and the bumper was irreparable. It was nice when it lasted but be very careful.
That's true and Akira had pictures. What did the insurance company end up giving you?

·
Registered
744 Posts
That's true and Akira had pictures. What did the insurance company end up giving you?
I'm currently working on having them replace it with a 2015+ ST bumper/setup rather than OEM 2013. To be honest, I loved the look of the Maxton RS bumper but it had its headaches. It's much closer to the ground than a stock bumper (even at stock height) which makes going in and out of steep driveways and over speed bumps a chore. The other main problem is that there's very little support for the bumper because it's much heavier than the stock bumper and doesn't line up with all of the mounting locations (not to mention you lose the bumper support. What I did was I added a metal L bracket to the bumper support and had it hoist the bumper up. I don't know, YMMV. My biggest problem with it was it's just too easy to crack. Be very careful not to pull too close to anything because little taps that an ABS bumper will normally absorb, the fiberglass will crack. And again, try to get into any front collisions or it's done for.

20171220_123658.jpg

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
i hope the Maxton rear valance would hold up better than the front bumper!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Idk why I’m just now seeing this. But I agree with everything you’ve said. After having mine installed the corners don’t exactly meet up perfectly and have cracked the paint. The support is also very poor. If it were able to have better support it would be a solid option.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts