Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought a Maxton front lip from a guy. I am wondering about the hardware that it came with to install. He had some bolts with lock nuts on the that seemed really large for the size of the pre drilled holes on the lip itself. Would it be better to just grab some screws to use for this. Not sure how I would get the nuts on with the splash guard in place or if I took the splash guard off I wouldn't be able to get it back on with the bolt blocking it. Wondering if anyone has used a bonding agent and then just screwed the lip up threw the bumper and splash guard.

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just got one myself and after talking to some euro owners they're saying to line it up on the fenders, don't use the adhesive, use a small strip of 3M tape on either side. Get it set up & then drill the holes. The small holes that are pre-drilled are just for reference so you'll have to drill them out a tad. Hope this helps. I'm probably gonna put mine on today. Oh and you won't be able to remove the splash guard once it's on there so if you blow a charge pipe you won't have easy roadside access.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
273 Posts
It isn't that difficult, granted I have a RRR lip but it's all the same.

I used some ratchet clamps to hold the lip to the bumper, lined up the lip at the rear of the bumper and held it into place.

Drill some holes, fasten screws and lock washers and you are done. You can cut the bolt/screw down if needed to get the bumper splash tray into place better, I did not and everything still fastened back up without issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts