Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ford Focus ST
706 Posts
Sadly, no manual trans. That to me is one of the best features of the ST.

·
Premium Member
386 Posts
I'm thinking of a Maverick to and trying to stay away from dealerships to not buy anything right now. They look very nice lowered.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,348 Posts
250hp 277tq 3500lbs and about 6.5 to 6.7 0-60.
So about .5 or so slower to 60 than a stock st?
These days the new DCT and autos are faster than the stick..
You don't have to give up the ST. It can always have a friend or two sharing the garage.
I have 2 400+hp stick shift mustangs that share the garage with my ST ;)

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett GTX2860R Gen 2. FBO
5,348 Posts
Do you know what transmission they are running? Hopefully it's not from the edge 😬
I haven't looked into them much honestly. Is it a neat idea? Yes. Am i still miffed about ford removing cars and replacing it with this? Also yes.

·
Vendor
726 Posts
I just took delivery of the ranger tremor I ordered back in June, but I ordered a maverick last week.

Area 51
Lariat
Lariat Luxary package
4k tow (bigger radiator, trans cooler, intercooler, 3.81 final drive)
AWD 2.0 Ecoboost

Going full trokiendo with it. Lowered, 255/45/18 tires, hybrid turbo, nitrous, fuel upgrades. 480whp ish

·
Vendor
726 Posts
@MonsterTuned did they move to a closed deck block on the 2.3? I know the focus RS block cant handle that.
Nope, but I'm sure it's all in the tune. I've got a few RS's pushing mid 400's and no issues.

Just to add a bit, avoiding excessive detonation helps preventing the cylinder from shifting under load.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you know what transmission they are running? Hopefully it's not from the edge 😬
From what I can find, it looks like it will have the 8F35 transmission, and it seems like the 2.0L torque figures are right at the upper limits of the original design limits of that transmission according to this article: Ford Motor Company and the Hat Trick - Transmission Digest

Here is the application chart from that article

Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Pattern

1 - 20 of 40 Posts