Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long post but had to say something. I need help with this. I bought my 2016 ST3 In November of 2016. It’s was great for 6 months and then one afternoon I was changing the oil and my coolant was leaking so I took it into the dealer and they ordered a couple of parts and fixed it. It seemed fine until about 3 months ago then the coolant was low and it smelled like burning coolant out of the exhaust. Took it to a different dealership this time said they would look at it, replaced a hose and said it was good. But it wasn’t still smelled like burning coolant so I took it to another dealer the following week. This dealer replaced the resivior and a hose said it was good. But nope got it back still smelled burning coolant out of the exhaust. So I take it for the week thinking it might go away turns out bad idea. Driving down the road a couple days later and then all the sudden car starts overheating 10 seconds later temp gauge completely shuts off goes to zero then oil pressure then oil temp all to zero as if the car was off. I pulled over and got my car towed in by ford. It took them 4 days just to find out what was wrong with it and turns out it’s a blown head gasket and coolant had been leaking in there. They ordered over ten parts for it. It has almost been in there for 2 weeks now and haven’t heard back from them. My main question is even if they fix all this could other parts they are not fixing still be damaged? And I was thinking of getting an extended warranty for bumper to bumper as it’s not covered under power train. Also has anyone else had any problems like this or related to coolant leaks? Thanks In advance I know this a very long read.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Clearly the first few visits did not resolve the problem.
Make sure you keep all that paperwork!
I would say yes buy the Ford extended warranty if you are worried, and plan on keeping the car a long time.
Be aware you can buy the warranty online for considerable savings.
The warranty is good at any Ford dealership, even is bought online.
(the one downside of buying online is if you want to cancel it. The selling dealership gives the refund. No exceptions.

You may find a local dealer who will match the online price.
I also highly suggest to buy the zero deductible.
The cost is small, but them you do not get them (possibly not automatically) fixing one part and ignoring another,
to gain the money from additional deductibles.

As far as this problem you had. Clearly the first two dealers just swapped parts, instead of finding the cause.
That is why, if anyone says you caused the added issues, you keep that paperwork to prove Ford screwed up, not you.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
My 2013 blew a head gasket also. Took an entire new long block to fix mine. Good luck, and keep every scrap of paper relating to all the fixes, every email, everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts