Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get a stratified tune with the few bolt-ons i currently have on my car. Never owned a tuned car, so just wondering how you guys maintain yours to ensure reliability?

Also, what exactly is negative correction? It seems like a lot of people have issues with that on the forums.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
32 Posts
Been Stratified OTS tuned for ~40k miles, a good portion of that being Stage 3 running E30. Do your oil changes with full synthetic regularly, watch your parameters (ignition corrections, OAR, AFR, etc), and generally be smart about it and you'll be fine.

The only suggestion I'd make is to get log corrections, especially if the gas around you isn't very good. I am in California and have tried gas from a ton of different stations and it made essentially no difference, I was just getting too much knock. I had to have Stratified pull my tune back a bit. If you have E85 around I do highly suggest that, I get almost no knock ever when running that tune and the power is great.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Some guys check their plugs every 5k (which is a bit of overkill to me). I've noticed step 1 colder plugs don't gap nearly as fast as the stock plugs did. Either way, make sure to check when you feel the need, go E30 if at all possible -- Even if you don't want the power increase e30 offers, take it for the safety. Like the other guys mentioned, don't beat the living **** out of the car every time you get behind the wheel, care for it, and understand what you're actually changing when swapping a part for an upgraded part. Above all, use common sense and have fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts