Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magnaflow 409SS, 2.5in CBE on sale at C-F-M for $565

MBRP XP 409SS, 3.0in CBE at most places for $549

Any people with experience on either and how much they like them? Any thoughts on which is better?

For reference, I don't plan at this point to go beyond Stage 2 (CAI, CBE, FMIC, Cobb Stratified)...I just want good sound and no drone.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
I have not heard the magnaflow in person, but I know they make good products. The pitch will be a little higher and possibly more raspy. There are some videos online you can check out.

I have the MBRP which gets you a deeper tone and minimal to no drone (drone is subjective so what is drone to someone is not to some one else). I can hear my MBRP when crusing 70+, but it is more just the fact that I can hear it, not that it is droning. Some have had fitment issues, but I personally have had none. I did upgrade the clamps that it came with and had a shop install it, but so far it is great. I am planning on getting a down pipe soon to really open up the sound.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I have not heard the magnaflow in person, but I know they make good products. The pitch will be a little higher and possibly more raspy. There are some videos online you can check out.

I have the MBRP which gets you a deeper tone and minimal to no drone (drone is subjective so what is drone to someone is not to some one else). I can hear my MBRP when crusing 70+, but it is more just the fact that I can hear it, not that it is droning. Some have had fitment issues, but I personally have had none. I did upgrade the clamps that it came with and had a shop install it, but so far it is great. I am planning on getting a down pipe soon to really open up the sound.
I agree with the above on the MBRP, by far my personal favorite out of the options available for the ST. It stays rather tame until you stomp on it then it roars. It's incredible with a catless downpipe I think. Magnaflow you're getting the classic brand name and a unique tone for sure, but some say it tends to drone more than they would like. Again, best way to tell is by riding in them.

Reactions: HBGeek

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Ugh...I really want to pull the trigger on the down pipe...

·
Registered
162 Posts
We have the MBRP and we think it's the best CB going regardless of price. If you like that low throaty roar at throttle and that nice high end sports car idle this is for you. I know there are H8ters out there but they have never driven one at 130 mph + or 49 miles of high speed curves with one. Everybody has their own style. We think you can't go wrong with this one.

·
Registered
475 Posts
My MBRP XP409 just got here, the old one is off and as soon as I'm done with this bowl of cereal the new one is going on. Oh happy day!

Unbeatable prices from Aristocrat Autosports!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ok, it's in and sounds great! Installation was straightforward, the hardest part was feeding the 3" over axle pipe in, I don't know about the earlier models but for the 2016's there is a rivet holding the heat shield on, I cut the rivet off so I could bend the heat shield out of the way so the hanger bracket would clear then replaced the rivet when I was all done. No rattles or rubs but I will upgrade the hangers in the near future. Why Ford didn't use the forth hanger is beyond me, I mean the bracket is there for crying out loud!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Magnaflow is smoother with less pop and is more on the quiet side....MBRP I think is very similar, but might be a bit more aggressive as you get on it.

as a side note I had a set of magnaflows on my mustang cobra that was bored to a 5.0L and had very big cam in it...and the exhuast note was modest at best...ended up going to a flowmaster.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts