Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here ran a Magnaflow catback?

Have one on the way, and thought I would see who likes them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Only a 2.5 diameter. If you were looking to go big turbo in the future you would want 3"

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah very good to know! Thanks

·
Registered
483 Posts
After having the Magnaflow for a year, it is alright. If I did it over I would either get the Borla or Ford Racing, something with a real muffler not a perforated tube in a can.

Its not overly loud, but it has a weird tone over 3500 rpm that is on the verge of hurting your ears. My wife and kids hate it and I am not a huge fan myself. I plan to install either a chambered or turbo style muffler in the original location to hopefully eliminate this.

I wouldn't worry about a 2.5" exhaust. If people want to put a big ass turbo on it to try to hang with Mustangs and Camaros people should just get that to begin with.

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
JDL Catback :D

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Anybody here ran a Magnaflow catback?

Have one on the way, and thought I would see who likes them.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I like the magnaflow exhaust,customized mine by removing the front resonator section and installed a 2.5" straight pipe,then removed the muffler and replaced it with a magnaflow 14416 one.Here is a vid of it just running around a parking lot,car sounds start at 25sec into the vid.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I had one, but sold it. It sounded good but I'm older and wanted something a little more quiet for when I traveled with the wife.

If driven easy it's pretty quiet, but when you stomp on it, it gets loud. If driven on the highway and you accelerate uphill it's drones.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I like mine, though it was a little too loud until I added some sound deadening in the trunk. I had my tune customized so small changes in throttle position (like when going uphill on the highway) don't build boost. Now it's just right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts