Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question, do you stock your Ram air intakes or are they made to order? I know with 3D printing you certainly can
do just that. I recently ordered a big mouth with white flare my dealer told me it was being made now. Just curious with the lead times.
Is there any type of curing process to these materials?
Looking forward to my new Ram Air!
Db

·
Registered
660 Posts
Quick question, do you stock your Ram air intakes or are they made to order? I know with 3D printing you certainly can
do just that. I recently ordered a big mouth with white flare my dealer told me it was being made now. Just curious with the lead times.
Db
Pretty sure they are made to order. I think mine only took about 2 weeks and that was during Black Friday and immense sales.

Also, you would probably get a quicker response on the forum by using @ + username, in the case it would be @VelossaTech You did good by posting in their forum! This is the best ram air on the market and is worth the wait!

Reactions: LockeLamora33

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been a couple weeks now just wondering how long it takes usually to get one??

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Over two weeks for a part?

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Db
Yes all parts are made to order. Just email me at [email protected] if you need any help. We did have a busy last two months with our expansion and keeping production steady. Orders typically take 1-2 weeks, sometimes shorter, sometimes longer. Depends on the colors you order and the product and the season. These intakes are made to your specifications. Hope this helps.

best,

D

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
I apologize, but the intakes are made to order, we aren't amazon prime. I wish.
People sometimes forget that quality parts that aren't made on an assembly line (which allows for greater defect) take time to be made perfectly and properly. Wait 2 weeks for it to be made specifically for you accurately or buy off amazon for a Chinese low quality XYZ company product fabbed in a mold with others that will break sooner than later?

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
People sometimes forget that quality parts that aren't made on an assembly line (which allows for greater defect) take time to be made perfectly and properly. Wait 2 weeks for it to be made specifically for you accurately or buy off amazon for a Chinese low quality XYZ company product fabbed in a mold with others that will break sooner than later?
Thanks brian!

Our parts are hand made here in the USA.

Here is what a typical batch looks like.

I would rather my customers wait 1-2 weeks and receive a flawless piece of engineering, than cut corners and make a quick dime.

Trust me, it's worth the wait. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess when I ordered something I expected to see;

"Thank you for your order, it will be ready or shipped xx/xx/xxxx"

I had asked the question back on 3/29.

Had I known that they were hand made parts that take two weeks I wouldn't have even posted.

I think waiting for almost a month with out any explanation it isn't unreasonable to be frustrated.

Now I see what was going on and I get it.

Reactions: jam360nml

·
Registered
660 Posts
I guess when I ordered something I expected to see;

"Thank you for your order, it will be ready or shipped xx/xx/xxxx"

I had asked the question back on 3/29.

Had I known that they were hand made parts that take two weeks I wouldn't have even posted.

I think waiting for almost a month with out any explanation it isn't unreasonable to be frustrated.

Now I see what was going on and I get it.
I get this feeling. Ordered a CPE RMM from CJPonyParts and didn't realize it was on back order until I waited a full week and no shipping confirmation. Just got shipped yesterday and I purchased a month ago. But no big deal for me, I have plenty of work to do anyways so this just gets added to the pile.

Reactions: Brownie289

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Agree, I didn't know but now I do.

Reactions: VelossaTech

·
Vendor
1,896 Posts
Agree, I didn't know but now I do.
We've had some issues with the web store not kicking out automated emails to people. I had an IT guy fix it, and then the problem came back. Some people get an automated email with a receipt and 'order processing' and some don't get anything. It is really weird and wordpress has been a pain in the butt since day 1. I will probably be doing a big rework to the web store very soon with more clear descriptions and automation after purchasing, right now it is just too finicky. Sorry about that!

·
Registered
660 Posts
We've had some issues with the web store not kicking out automated emails to people. I had an IT guy fix it, and then the problem came back. Some people get an automated email with a receipt and 'order processing' and some don't get anything. It is really weird and wordpress has been a pain in the butt since day 1. I will probably be doing a big rework to the web store very soon with more clear descriptions and automation after purchasing, right now it is just too finicky. Sorry about that!
Yeah, a lot of those hosting sites like wordpress are crap. Unfortunately, it is still the best many companies can do.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No problem, I should have just picked up the phone and called, sadly that never dawned on me.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Judging by your original post, it sounds as if you bought this through a dealer or somewhere other than directly from Velossatech. If so, maybe you should voice this concern with them instead of here against Velossatech.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Yeah, a lot of those hosting sites like wordpress are crap. Unfortunately, it is still the best many companies can do.
Sometimes it isn't even Wordpress at all it's the HUGE differences between some of the templates. Two website templates that look almost identical could be insanely different behind the scenes. I remember in college helping some classmates that would download those free templates and make a bunch of changes to it to make it original and they end up breaking it and it doesn't work right. Ah yes, web design.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts