Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a pair of front sway bar end links for my FoST. I plan on making them to sell in the future. I still need to make hardware to attach the link to the car and get some jam nuts but the hardest part is finished. Also I plan on using FK heim joints on the final version. What is your opinion from a consumer standpoint? I think they're cool (thats why i made em!). They're over built and use oversized heim joints, but does that matter to any one else or just me? They're adjustable from the center of the link which I personally think is nice, but does anyone else care? Just looking for some feed back. Thanks\
EL1rs.jpg EL2rs.jpg EL3rs.jpg EL4rs.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks pretty neat, although you could probably make it a bit simpler / cheaper / lighter by using a single right-hand thread heim joint, a single left hand thread heim joint, the appropriate jamb nuts for each, and then machining wrench flats on the connector along with tapping the left and right hand thread in the two ends.

In your current set up you will need to add a jamb nut to each threaded portion to help insure that it does not loosen over time due to vibrations, impacts, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts