Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELLo i need some help any recommendations with after market lug nuts ? Factory ones swollen. I heard this is a common problem. please advice.

·
Premium Member
3,613 Posts
HELLo i need some help any recommendations with after market lug nuts ? Factory ones swollen. I heard this is a common problem. please advice.
Yeah any OE lug usually has a thin cover over the lug that just expands over time. Nothing new. Look into Gorilla Auto lugs or Mcgard. They are the most common.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have the Gorilla six spline. Only reason for six spline is that I have a set of rims that have smaller lug nut openings.

·
Registered
944 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah big problem... Oh, ditto on the Gorilla lots of options...

August 24, 2017 — Ford swollen lug nuts have caused a proposed class-action lawsuit that alleges the lug nuts swell, crack and delaminate to the point special tools are needed to remove the lug nuts.
The lawsuit alleges the swollen lug nuts are installed on the Ford Fusion, Escape, Flex, Focus, F-150 and F-350.

·
Registered
2 Posts

August 24, 2017 — Ford swollen lug nuts have caused a proposed class-action lawsuit that alleges the lug nuts swell, crack and delaminate to the point special tools are needed to remove the lug nuts.
The lawsuit alleges the swollen lug nuts are installed on the Ford Fusion, Escape, Flex, Focus, F-150 and F-350.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I do not want to buy something that is going to do the same thing--What is my best option

·
Registered
4 Posts

Will Gorilla do the same thing down the road?

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Will Gorilla do the same thing down the road?
no, they wont fail the same way the oem ones do. The ford ones are essentially two pieces. The inner is a strong metal and then its capped with a shiny cheap one:

Whereas just about any aftermarket one is a solid/single piece of metal throughout. Now any lug can fail, over torquing/crosthreading is a recipe for a short life but the ford ones just fail from normal use and that is unacceptable.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts