Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I had a question as to why this site says to not use their lug nuts on "stock rims". I don't really understand - can someone shed some light for me?

Also, is the 12mm x 1.5 32mm length enough for the focus st premium rims? Also, by "straight type lugs" do they mean not angled 60 like we require?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think it may have to do with the taper on the lug nut vs the factory wheels. When I bought my aftermarket lugs for the factory wheels I had to call them and email because the taper was not great enough. i Was worried but I have been through some nice canyon roads and no issues yet. If you looked at a stock lug vs their lug you would see why.

·
1,599 Posts
Typically that Style lug nut is smaller in diameter which increases the pressure on a smaller area of the factory rim. The concern is that it may cause damage to the rims.

Pick up a set of gorilla lug nuts, they are solid amd chromed, not capped like the factory junkers.

Reactions: Bunta

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Typically that Style lug nut is smaller in diameter which increases the pressure on a smaller area of the factory rim. The concern is that it may cause damage to the rims.

Pick up a set of gorilla lug nuts, they are solid amd chromed, not capped like the factory junkers.
Thanks for the feedback. I purchased some gorillas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts