Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an Mfactory lsd that’ll be going in soon. I’m looking at these diff install kits for $150 and that seems ridiculous for 2 bearings, a handful of bolts, and a little locktite. Has anyone just purchased the parts from Ford? And do those bolts really even need to be replaced?

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
The bolts are torque to yield, single use items. Frankly I bought the mountune kit because it was cheap to me in the grand scheme of things. After parts and install no to mention time down without a car, it's less than 5% of the overall cost. Do it right the first time is my motto, even if it costs more up front

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bolts are torque to yield, single use items. Frankly I bought the mountune kit because it was cheap to me in the grand scheme of things. After parts and install no to mention time down without a car, it's less than 5% of the overall cost. Do it right the first time is my motto, even if it costs more up front
Oh I’m all for doing it right. But I’ve bought these bearings in the past for like $15 each and they were made out of all metal. No plastic crap. I’m going to do some research and see if I can find a better bearing for less. Thanks for the info on the bolts.

·
Administrator
12,253 Posts
Oh I’m all for doing it right. But I’ve bought these bearings in the past for like $15 each and they were made out of all metal. No plastic crap. I’m going to do some research and see if I can find a better bearing for less. Thanks for the info on the bolts.
I pieced everything from ford, I forget what the cost was.

This is not an area to skimp on, buy once, cry once.

Reactions: mitch808
1 - 4 of 4 Posts