Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
i love my Pittsburgh (harbor freight) low profile jack. good price and great function
That will be my next one lol, used one dozens of times! ZERO issues!.

But wouldn't recommend the Autozone one. I remember grabbing the Jack, jack stands and a creeper for like 50 bucks, with the purchases of oil change stuff. Used the jack maybe 10 times but while lifting a buddy's Motorcycle the jack wrist pin SNAPPED and bout threw a 400lb Harley onto us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Caution to anyone thinking about a craftsman jack. I bought the expensive aluminum racing jack a few years ago, and just after the warranty expired the cylinder started to leak. I would stay away from craftsman if at all possible.

I have been wanting to get a new jack to replace it, and started paying attention to what I am seeing it the pits of pro racers. Most of the top teams in TORC (Ie Greeves) and several Global Rallycross teams ( I think Ken Block) are using the blue Pittsburgh jacks. That's a good enough endorsement for me.

I think I have pics if you don't believe me.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Caution to anyone thinking about a craftsman jack. I bought the expensive aluminum racing jack a few years ago, and just after the warranty expired the cylinder started to leak. I would stay away from craftsman if at all possible.

I have been wanting to get a new jack to replace it, and started paying attention to what I am seeing it the pits of pro racers. Most of the top teams in TORC (Ie Greeves) and several Global Rallycross teams ( I think Ken Block) are using the blue Pittsburgh jacks. That's a good enough endorsement for me.

I think I have pics if you don't believe me.
Pittsburgh as in Harbor Freight's Pittsburgh?

Hmm... Wasn't expecting that. I have had one at home for several years and it works just fine. Just wish I had gotten a bigger model that had more rise.

Edit: just saw more of this thread (initially saw your summary in the what's new list). I'll definitely add my recommendation for this jack.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Pittsburgh as in Harbor Freight's Pittsburgh?

Hmm... Wasn't expecting that. I have had one at home for several years and it works just fine. Just wish I had gotten a bigger model that had more rise.

Edit: just saw more of this thread (initially saw your summary in the what's new list). I'll definitely add my recommendation for this jack.
Yep, am looking through my pics to post them. I don't have any pics of the jack at GRC, but I remember seeing several there. I will post pics shortly.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Here's a reasonably good review on Jack Stands:
Mega Jack Stand Review 1 ? ESCO, Harbor Freight, and Torin ? revlimiter.net

I have 4 of these on got in on a group buy:

ESCO 10498 Jack Stands Automotive Flat Top

I still paid $240 for a set of 4, but once you get it on these stands, it's not coming off by accident.

I have a pair of these:

Which work reasonably well, and they're made beautifully, but I only use these for holding up things like control arms, or for lowered cars that I can't raise high enough with my floor jack.

·
Registered
316 Posts
To echo a post above...stay away from the Craftsman units, mine leaked after 1 year of occasional/infrequent use.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts