Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out what is the best look and performance on lowering springs! So far the eibach sport line is the best I can see, I have always had coil overs but on a budget this year!

·
Super Moderator
6,598 Posts
Trying to figure out what is the best look and performance on lowering springs! So far the eibach sport line is the best I can see, I have always had coil overs but on a budget this year!
Look here: Focus ST Suspension Lots of threads on springs. I'm using Eibach pro Kit and Bilstein B8's; I like them alot. Not too much drop and the B8's are light years better than the factory dampers.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I'm running the Sportline paired with the B8. Drop is perfect and the ride is significantly stiffer. At slow speeds because of the progressive springs it's very similar to stock, however, when you push the car the springs stiffen up and the dampers are phenomenal and it just sticks.

I've attached a photo so you can see the ride height.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I second Bilstein B8 dampers and Eibach Pro Springs. The ride is much better than the stock struts which wear out quickly even with stock springs. The eibach springs are a little soft for my liking for AutoX but I'm still holding the car back with my driving

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I second Bilstein B8 dampers and Eibach Pro Springs. The ride is much better than the stock struts which wear out quickly even with stock springs. The eibach springs are a little soft for my liking for AutoX but I'm still holding the car back with my driving
I ordered the eibach sport springs and will order the bilstein b8 soon! I won't be doing any track or auto cross. Just want a good looking car that when I want to get on it in turns its fun and can handle!!

·
Super Moderator
6,598 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Why choose B8 or Koni? Curious that seems to be the more popular pairing with lowering springs.

Posted in part by WAMC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts