Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to lower my 2017 Focus ST, have been looking around and deciding between the H&R sport spring set or the Eibach Pro-Kit spring set. Ive got a buddy who can get me a discount on either one of these sets so thats kind of swaying my decision to those two. Want to know what your experience has been with these if anyone has put them on their ST??

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't think you could go wrong with either of those choices. Let your desired ride height be the deciding factor. The pro kit isn't as drastic of a drop as the h&r. I personally went the pro kit route because they lower the rear more than the front. I can't stand the factory rake of the ST. Before someone chimes in dogging you for lowering your car on factory struts/shocks let me say I have over 20k lowered on stock shocks. I am hesitant to go with coilovers when the time comes because the pro kit rides THAT good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't think you could go wrong with either of those choices. Let your desired ride height be the deciding factor. The pro kit isn't as drastic of a drop as the h&r. I personally went the pro kit route because they lower the rear more than the front. I can't stand the factory rake of the ST. Before someone chimes in dogging you for lowering your car on factory struts/shocks let me say I have over 20k lowered on stock shocks. I am hesitant to go with coilovers when the time comes because the pro kit rides THAT good.

Yeah I'm not looking to change from OE struts and shocks yet. I want the back to squat a bit more, it sits too high for me. Appreciate the input!!

·
Registered
2013 Oxford White Focus ST3
481 Posts
H&Rs, hands down, at least that's my opinion. But that is kinda partial. I have a hook up through H&R so I have had them on numerous vehicles. Both are good though.

but H&R's are better

·
Registered
481 Posts
I love me a dirty ST

Attachments

·
Premium Member
355 Posts
I had the Eibach sportlines which were the biggest drop available but were also only available for the 13s and early 14s.

They were great springs, I have since gone to coil overs.

H&R and Eibach both make really good sets of springs.
I can't speak to H&R but when it came to Eibach I never question their quality. Used their springs on all applications for off-roading and track.
Never had to question what their spring rate was, it was always what they said it was.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Looking to lower my 2017 Focus ST, have been looking around and deciding between the H&R sport spring set or the Eibach Pro-Kit spring set. Ive got a buddy who can get me a discount on either one of these sets so thats kind of swaying my decision to those two. Want to know what your experience has been with these if anyone has put them on their ST??
So what did you end up going with? And are you happy? Dont leave us hanging bro!

·
Registered
979 Posts
Keep in mind aftermarket springs on stock struts will cause them to blow quickly. Was on H&R until the struts blew then moved to the clubsport suspension. Start saving your pennies.

Reactions: Taz

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had both.the hr were a little lower but I wanted more performance rather then height.so I ended up with the eibach pro kit until I get a set of coil overs.but both springs rode excellent.no complaints

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Anyone have any issues with the the edge of their rear tires (driver side in my case) getting cut into slightly? Pretty sure my issue is my driveway is on a hill and when turning right into it the weight transfer to that wheel is causing it to rub my fender. Just curious if anyone else running H&R has experienced this and what they did i.e. roll the fenders, go back to stock, etc... to correct it?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Keep in mind aftermarket springs on stock struts will cause them to blow quickly. Was on H&R until the struts blew then moved to the clubsport suspension. Start saving your pennies.
Thanks for clearing up that major question for me! :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Anyone have any issues with the the edge of their rear tires (driver side in my case) getting cut into slightly? Pretty sure my issue is my driveway is on a hill and when turning right into it the weight transfer to that wheel is causing it to rub my fender. Just curious if anyone else running H&R has experienced this and what they did i.e. roll the fenders, go back to stock, etc... to correct it?
I also am running the h&r sport springs and they came on the car when I got it. Car has 27k miles now and I got it with 24. Not sure how long they have been on there but I am noticing that the driver side rear sits a little lower than the passenger side. Could this be the stock struts going bad ?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I also am running the h&r sport springs and they came on the car when I got it. Car has 27k miles now and I got it with 24. Not sure how long they have been on there but I am noticing that the driver side rear sits a little lower than the passenger side. Could this be the stock struts going bad ?
I wish I knew the answer to that. This is a great place to ask though. I can say that my issue seems to be resolved though. Not sure what perfect storm I was putting the tires/springs in but after my last rotation / tire pressure check and fill I haven't had the issue.

·
Registered
2014 ST1
191 Posts
I run the H&R sport springs with garageline 20mm fronts and 25mm rears

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts