Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm looking to lower my 16 FoST

Looking at the eibach pro kit or H&R sport springs or mountune
An alignment is necessary after, I know, but has anyone had issues getting their car back within spec after lowering?

Would one know if camber arms or any other part is needed until after lowering and getting an alignment?

·
Super Moderator
9,547 Posts
I'm looking to lower my 16 FoST

Looking at the eibach pro kit or H&R sport springs.
An alignment is necessary after, I know, but has anyone had issues getting their car back within spec after lowering?

Would one know if camber arms or any other part is needed until after lowering and getting an alignment?
With the Eibach Pro Kit the rear will be within spec after lowering and the front will toe in a bit and need to be adjusted.

Reactions: Manoah

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With the Eibach Pro Kit the rear will be within spec after lowering and the front will toe in a bit and need to be adjusted.
Define in spec.
I don't want to be wearing tires like I did on the front of my mustang with -2.5 degrees of camber.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
The camber will be fine. It's the tow you need adjusted. You will NOT come close to -2.0 with just lowering springs. Even still, -2.0, even up to -2.5+ does NOTHING to tires, if your toe is proper, and you rotate your tires properly every 5k miles.

·
Registered
5,568 Posts
Do the struts when you do it or you'll be taking it apart again real soon. Stock struts don't like lowering spring. Camber will be in like others have said but toe will be out. The camber on the rear was just out on the right side. This is with the pro kit

001.jpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all.

The mountune springs claim they are stock shock/strut friendly. I may hold off if I should be replacing shocks and struts as well since I don't even have 9k miles on my FoST

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I would wait a lot longer than a week for the springs to settle before getting an alignment. I have lowered 13 (yes, thirteen) STs now and I always tell people to wait a month or 1000 miles which ever comes first, it really should effect your tires that much and keep you from wasting your money on a alignment that was done to soon and then have to get it aligned again after replacing tires that scrubbed

if you can afford it go with coilovers or mountune club sports, or your pick of springs with B8 struts. I agree with @SIstomper the stock struts will not hold up, they do not hold up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts