Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience using replacement bushings on the Lower Front Control Arm, specifically the Rear Bushing

A couple threads point to the Whiteline Anti-Lift Kit which is discontinued and say it doesn't work, then there is also the Whiteline Caster kit that is listed on sites like CJPonyParts to work on the ST but Whiteline doesn't list it.

Powerflex shows some set of bushings for the Lower Control Arm but they use the same part numbers for the Mk2 and Mk3 focus yet looking at the suspension parts themselves between the mk2 and mk3 the LCA appears to be different. Also Tasca shows 3 different sets of LCA for the 2016 ST.

My bushings are worn and I believe are the cause of the clunk noise I am getting, we were able to move them with a pry bar without much force

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Moog sells the bushing assemblies separately. The bushing is already pressed in to the piece that bolts to the frame. You'll just need to remove what you've got from the old LCA.

They also sell complete LCAs with new hubs/bearings already pressed in. Depending on how many miles on your car, if your front bearings are getting a little worn...

Hope that helps,
Mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts