Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked up a used set from a forum member and had them powder coated gloss black. They ride great for a wheel with hubcentric rings and offset is perfect for stock suspension.

Didn't really dig the pop out center caps so I picked up some of the flat carbon fiber caps from Japan. They'll be going on as soon as the snow is over and I can move the Shelby out of the garage.

If you can grab a set of these wheels, I highly recommend them!

**Shelby Tax added**

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
A local guy, HIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where abouts in MD? I'm in Severn.

Where did you get the wheels powder coated and what did it run you, I would like to do mine while they are in the garage for winter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You can't just mention the Shelby and not post it.......shame shame.
A local guy, HIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where abouts in MD? I'm in Severn.

Where did you get the wheels powder coated and what did it run you, I would like to do mine while they are in the garage for winter.
I'm in Silver Spring and I've got a friend who powdercoats for me, but doesn't offer commercial services. It's pretty tough to find shops in this area willing to do them and for a cheap rate unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
The wedsports were a custom order in 5x108, there are less than 10 sets in the US. I bought my set from a guy in SoCal, and bought the last remaining single wheel from Vivid Racing. They were the ones that got the custom order made.

I love how light they are. That combined with my AP Racing brakes really changed the way the suspension works, probably removing 20lbs per axle of savings.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The wedsports were a custom order in 5x108, there are less than 10 sets in the US. I bought my set from a guy in SoCal, and bought the last remaining single wheel from Vivid Racing. They were the ones that got the custom order made.

I love how light they are. That combined with my AP Racing brakes really changed the way the suspension works, probably removing 20lbs per axle of savings.
Didn't know they were that rare! Glad I got mine for a steal and well worth the extra coin to get them looking new again. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Didn't know they were that rare! Glad I got mine for a steal and well worth the extra coin to get them looking new again. Thanks for the info.
Rare for an ST/RS sure. But they are mid level priced rims sold for many other import platforms, so are actually pretty mainstream. They are not fully forged either.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts