Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in my mid-50's but am basically a 13 year old boy when it comes to cars.

I've owned or leased two Honda Preludes, two Mazdaspeed3's, one WRX, and most recently a Fiesta ST. Even during my broke student and post college days, a friend took pity on me, and more or less, gave me his used Corolla GTS for way less than it was worth at the time. I loved that car.

My new Focus ST is perfect. I'm excited about my 15 year old daughter learning to drive a stick, and learning the thrill of driving a fun but safe car. And unlike the Fiesta, it has a forgiving and easy clutch. And also unlike the Fiesta, it's civilized, has a brilliant back up camera, huge mirrors, and a power driver's seat that can provide a young driver a comforting 360 view. It's just a "regular" Focus for her. But when I'm driving, it's a totally different machine. The optional Pirelli's have great grip on dry pavement, but they're also way better than typical "all-season" tires in rainy conditions and light snow. No more need to swap my summer/winter tires anymore which is nice. They salt/plow so quickly and thoroughly here in the city of Chicago that we can manage without the winter tires, I think.

I also love how it's a wolf in sheep's clothing. It looks like a family hatchback but has the soul of a race car. I also think the optional five spoke wheels that come with the Pirellis are a nice option.

My sister has an amazing BMW Sport Wagon. The Focus ST with all the options is very comparable.

And the dealer was delighted to get it off his lot, lol. But he also stiffed me on my trade, so kind of a wash, lol, because he has to auction my beloved FiST. Sigh. Should have sold it private party, but that's just too much trouble.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Welcome to the family! Sounds like the perfect car for you.

And I agree, I love how the optional 5 spoke wheels look even though they may be a tad heavy. Although I went with some winter tires here in NE Ohio, they don't plow for crap here.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Welcome fo the Focus ST forum, hope you will have many and safe miles

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm mid 40's with a 6 year old daughter and a few dogs. I echo your sentiments, although I prefer having a second set of winter tires for our family cars (cheaper than summer tires and better traction when necessary). More edgy and fun than my prior VW's, including GTI. Fun to drive, mostly economical, and good utility.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Welcome! I've had an ST for 4 years and still smile every single time I get in the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts