Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I just want to say I love the sound. Coming from a full exhaust Mustang GT to a 4 cyl I thought I was going to not enjoy the sound as much but the sound on this car now is great. I had a two problems with the install though. The connecting pipes that you clamp down did not fit together so I had to take it to a shop to get expanded. Also the axle-back part of the exhaust was bent too much so it is sitting at an angle. Although the headers and x-pipe on the Mustang took twice as long, it wasn't as difficult as installing the exhaust on the Focus. I don't know if it was just my exhaust specifically that had this problem but I expected it to be much easier. As I said I love the exhaust sound and can't wait to pair it with a downpipe. If you buy the AWE exhaust make sure to check and see if the pipes connect correctly before you go to install.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I took my car to a shop after install for them to fine tune the fit and finish. They ended up cutting a couple spots and welding to align better and make better clearance at a few locations. Worth the $100 IMO and it took them about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know this is an old post, but just wanted to mention my experience with the AWE Track system...

Sound is perfect. Looks are perfect.

I will admit that I have installed exhausts on pretty much every car i have owned (which is a lot), but I had zero issues installing it in my garage. I bolted it right up and it took one small adjustment to get the tips perfect centered.

AWE did a great job with this system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
turbojon
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing