Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Slightly dumb post, but I recently loaded up the ST and completely folded the seats down. This morning on my way to work I noticed that my aftermarket (MBRP) exhaust is MUCH louder in the cabin with the seats down.

Just thought I’d share in case anyone wants theirs a bit louder in the cabin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yep... did it slightly with the stock exhaust too. More road noise as well.

Reactions: Evercrush

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
Slightly dumb post, but I recently loaded up the ST and completely folded the seats down. This morning on my way to work I noticed that my aftermarket (MBRP) exhaust is MUCH louder in the cabin with the seats down.

Just thought I’d share in case anyone wants theirs a bit louder in the cabin.

Yup, those seats do wonders for insulation. That's why they are so heavy!

·
Registered
565 Posts
I have noticed that when the seats are down I also get to hear the turbo spool and slow down more which I love. But I am straight pipe so seats down also means really ****ing loud drone...

Reactions: Evercrush

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have noticed that when the seats are down I also get to hear the turbo spool and slow down more which I love. But I am straight pipe so seats down also means really ****ing loud drone...
I can imagine. The reverb in mine with the MBRP is insane and it’s not even a loud exhaust.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you are looking to reduce the drone I would highly recommend pulling out your spare tire and foam inserts and applying a couple layers of sound deadening to the body sheet metal. Minimal investment at around $30-50 bucks in mat an hour or two in your driveway.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,194 Posts
If you are looking to reduce the drone I would highly recommend pulling out your spare tire and foam inserts and applying a couple layers of sound deadening to the body sheet metal. Minimal investment at around $30-50 bucks in mat an hour or two in your driveway.
Or remove the spare and apply no sound deadening and let that baby purr <3 :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts