Ford Focus ST Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
So you've never lived in California? It's always been bad, it's just getting worse. Everyone in my family left there; I've been out for 36 years.
9 years in SD for me, my wife is from LA... leaving that state to a no state income place gave me a 11% pay raise immediately.

and no smog checks

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
9 years in SD for me, my wife is from LA... leaving that state to a no state income place gave me a 11% pay raise immediately.

and no smog checks
11% pay raise and probably more than that from lower cost of living too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This story makes South Africa sound like a good place for modded cars... Kansas sounds just like Africa...

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
638 Posts
So you've never lived in California? It's always been bad, it's just getting worse. Everyone in my family left there; I've been out for 36 years.
Nope. Heck, I'd have to sell better than half of the stuff in my safe if I ever had to live in that God-forsaken state. No thanks... I choose at least some freedom over a boot on my neck 24x7 there.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
meh, it’s not all that bad, and this coming from a midwestern boy who had no intention of ever even GOING to California, much less moving here TWICE...

...then I met and married a California girl, and the rest they say is history. My career can also make WAY more money in Socal, sometimes TWICE what I can make elsewhere in the US 😎

sure, you aren’t SUPPOSED to have 30 round mags and scary black ARs...but then you aren’t SUPPOSED to drive 95mph down the freeway either 😉

·
Registered
28 Posts
The exhaust law seems over the top but there's no shortage of modded exhausts where I live in SoCal. I have no plans of modding the exhaust of my ST as I want to be stealthy. My sport bikes pipes are stock as well. I had the aftermarket exhaust on my Mustang GT and other cars and bikes I've owned and it gets old after awhile but that's just me.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
638 Posts
meh, it’s not all that bad, and this coming from a midwestern boy who had no intention of ever even GOING to California, much less moving here TWICE...

...then I met and married a California girl, and the rest they say is history. My career can also make WAY more money in Socal, sometimes TWICE what I can make elsewhere in the US 😎

sure, you aren’t SUPPOSED to have 30 round mags and scary black ARs...but then you aren’t SUPPOSED to drive 95mph down the freeway either 😉
I married a CA girl also, and she's content to live in CO. She knows, however, that I simply WON'T live in her home state. High taxes, liberal politics, unconstitutional laws,... no thanks.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
I married a CA girl also, and she's content to live in CO. She knows, however, that I simply WON'T live in her home state. High taxes, liberal politics, unconstitutional laws,... no thanks.
oh I get it...I have lived all over;

born in minnesota
2 years florida
1 year missouri
5 years tennessee
2 years colorado
8 years texas
a long 4 months in kansas
7 years california
8 years washington
and now back in California

but be careful in Colorado, it’s taken a turn here in the last 5-10 years...my buddy moved to Parker not long ago and we both now call it Colofornia 😂

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
oh I get it...I have lived all over;

born in minnesota
2 years florida
1 year missouri
5 years tennessee
2 years colorado
8 years texas
a long 4 months in kansas
7 years california
8 years washington
and now back in California

but be careful in Colorado, it’s taken a turn here in the last 5-10 years...my buddy moved to Parker not long ago and we both now call it Colofornia 😂
Four long months in Kansas? What part of Kansas? There are places here I would not want to live either! But, low cost of living, low taxes and, no one cares what you do to your car!

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Four long months in Kansas? What part of Kansas? There are places here I would not want to live either! But, low cost of living, low taxes and, no one cares what you do to your car!
Dodge City baby...
the land of "holy hell what IS that smell"
😂😂😂

·
Super Moderator
7,218 Posts
Dodge City baby...
the land of "holy hell what IS that smell"
😂😂😂
Dodge City! Yikes!!! I work in Wichita, but live about 45 minutes east between Fall River and Fredonia. It's nice out in the Flint Hills! I really feel for you; when I first came to Kansas in 2006 it was to Garden City...drove me to alcoholism!!! I'm doing much better now!

Reactions: wingnutt

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
This was my first time dealing with this. I've had the exhaust system for over four years and the car over five years. Most states have a similar law on the books and some don't even have a specific db reading just whatever the cop feels is bothering him that day.

Got my state ref appointment next week Friday.

Reactions: ddfred

·
Registered
2015 Focus ST
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
What do you consider high taxes? I pay more to the IRS than I do to the State. And what are liberal politics? I live in a purple county and work in a red county. And which unconstitutional laws are you referring to?

I hear people talking so much crap about us but we're still there fifth largest economy in the world. Air quality has improved so much since I was a kid. I've yet to hear any real substance to why California is so bad. Sure cost of living is high but guess what do is your paycheck.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts