Ford Focus ST Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
You will struggle to have the port injection work, so the without any problems is not quite right. Unless SCS have changed the software on their ECU

Simon couldnt get it to blend in on my engine as they came in too quick and chucked way too much fuel in

As above 450bhp (400 ish WHP) is ok on the std fuel injection

Rather than the 2871 or the 3071 go for a GTX2867, they are now cheap on the second hand market for the Gen 1

·
Registered
8 Posts
I worked with Piper on the cam specs and they sent me three sets of cams.

I have the Rally spec cams in my motor (with a larger fuel pump cam), which are awesome, i also have the fast road and race cams too which i no longer need

I dont think you can run the Mustang cams, completely different to the 2.0 (i asked piper and they said no)

Im running 420bhp on std injectors and have about 30 - 50 bhp left according to the duty cycle, as i am British we do things correctly so this is flywheel power :big smile:
See this is why I need to look at your map because mine looks like the injectors are flat out lower down the range so I need to see what there doing to make it fuel correctly for that extra 30 bhp :big smile:

·
Registered
8 Posts
You will struggle to have the port injection work, so the without any problems is not quite right. Unless SCS have changed the software on their ECU

Simon couldnt get it to blend in on my engine as they came in too quick and chucked way too much fuel in

As above 450bhp (400 ish WHP) is ok on the std fuel injection

Rather than the 2871 or the 3071 go for a GTX2867, they are now cheap on the second hand market for the Gen 1
Runs off to look for a GTX.........lol

·
Premium Member
1,849 Posts
The plan is to run either a 2871 or 3071.

I've got an AUX kit ready as I'm running the same ECU as the OP we have the ability to control those extra 4 injectors without any problems although I would like to see how far the standard fuel system, with the addition of the extra cam lobe and the RS injectors, will go I am aiming for around 375whp for now as I have a spare block and head that I'm going to be working on to get the 2.3 conversion done that's maybe why I will go for the bigger turbo option to start with as I don't really want to have to buy 2 lol
The fuel system will safely take you to 360 or so. I’m not sure if the 2.3 will even fit the 2.0. I believe that I’ve seen conversation that said it doesn’t fit for some reason. It was a long time ago lol. But anyway after the high pressure fuel pump the injections become the next bottle neck. I’m just trying to save you money lol. Aux fueling bypasses all of that

121 - 124 of 124 Posts