Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mine does that after I unhook the battery, but usually comes back. Give it a week and if it does not unplug the battery for a bit then put it back on. Hopefully that helps!

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Mine does that after I unhook the battery, but usually comes back. Give it a week and if it does not unplug the battery for a bit then put it back on. Hopefully that helps!
You can reprogram them, it's super easy. Let me find it and I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Found it

To reset the windows, follow these steps:

Hold the switch down until the window is all the way down
Release the switch then hold down again for 5 seconds
Press the switch so the window goes all the way up
Release the switch and press it up, again for 5 seconds

Repeat this procedure for each individual window...

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
You can reprogram them, it's super easy. Let me find it and I'll edit this post.

EDIT: Found it

To reset the windows, follow these steps:

Hold the switch down until the window is all the way down
Release the switch then hold down again for 5 seconds
Press the switch so the window goes all the way up
Release the switch and press it up, again for 5 seconds

Repeat this procedure for each individual window...
Perhaps put this in the "Feature you didn't know exists on your ST" or whatever thread? This is awesome info to know I think. My windows have acted wonky and time or two before.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
Perhaps put this in the "Feature you didn't know exists on your ST" or whatever thread? This is awesome info to know I think. My windows have acted wonky and time or two before.
I've got a link to a thread I subscribed to with all kinds of cool stuff. I'll post it when I get back from lunch.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm pretty sure all you have to do to reset is hold the button down (to second indentation) until it's all the way down, then hold the switch up until it's all the way up, then continue to hold for about 5 seconds. I had to do it once. Same procedure as most cars, or at least my Mustangs before (so maybe most Fords at least?).

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
I'm pretty sure all you have to do to reset is hold the button down (to second indentation) until it's all the way down, then hold the switch up until it's all the way up, then continue to hold for about 5 seconds. I had to do it once. Same procedure as most cars, or at least my Mustangs before (so maybe most Fords at least?).
This was posted like the 3rd post

·
Registered
134 Posts
This was posted like the 3rd post
My point was, I don't think half the steps mentioned in that post are necessary. You just hold down, then hold up and keep holding for 5. I could be wrong, but just posting a shorter method. Also I'm fairly sure you can do multiple windows at once. I think I did both backs and both fronts.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
It's in the owner's manual.
Most of these people have never read the owner's manual and miss out on like 90% of these things lol

My point was, I don't think half the steps mentioned in that post are necessary. You just hold down, then hold up and keep holding for 5. I could be wrong, but just posting a shorter method.
My apologies, I thought you were reiterating.

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts