Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I did have that problem, I lost all power to my passenger side rear door. After this very helpful guy on here I found the problem and have since fixed my problem. On my front passenger front door control module there is a purple wire on pin 8 that goes to pin 21 on the rear passenger door control module. It's the communication wire to the rear door. My wire was bad from beside the front seat to the rear door control module. So I ran a new wire from there into the door and it now works.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
Whats up?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've actually just re-read your first post and I have a different issue. I have lost control of both the driver door control as well as the left rear door window.

I've check all the fuses which look good, I've also tried to replace the physical driver control unit which did not seem to help. I was looking to replace the driver door module next but I'm not sure where it is located within the car to do so.

I thought to come ask for some help on the forum but found this post from searching first.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
What is the year and trim of your ST? Remember not all ST's are equipped with door modules.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
You should have door modules for that trim. I'm sitting here at work because of all the tall people pretending to be adults smashing up stores and setting fires so unfortunately, I don't have my 13 manual handy.
The short bus: testing door modules at home.
There is a video attached at the end of the post that can give you a good idea of how that system functions.

As soon as I get home I will try and get the diagrams up so we can test some things out.

J

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh wow awesome. I have a few other things to check like your link mentions then. I see you say the module is rarely the issue, I did however only get this issue after I accidentally attempted to roll the front window down while they were taped up from plasti dipping my car. oops!

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
Incoming!

Here are the diagrams of the drivers door module, switch, and BCM.

This should get you started. The door module is located under the inner door panel closer to the side view mirror.

Lets start there. Do you have a DMM (digital multimeter)?

Attachments

21 - 28 of 28 Posts