Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2013 FocusST, one day lost all power to only the back pass door, window won't move a won't lock, have replaced the master switch on driver's door, replaced the door control module as well.have tested every fuse in all 3 fuse boxes and they are all good. Anyone have a clue what could be going on with the power to the one door?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Have a 2013 FocusST, one day lost all power to only the back pass door, window won't move a won't lock, have replaced the master switch on driver's door, replaced the door control module as well.have tested every fuse in all 3 fuse boxes and they are all good. Anyone have a clue what could be going on with the power to the one door?
When you say lost all power do you mean ALL power? Do the speakers still play music?
If the speakers still played check the switch and motor to see if they're getting power and just not working.
If you have access to a multimeter I'd test the plugs to see if you're getting any juice.
I had this happen to our used f150 that we bought and it was just a bunch of loose plugs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes speaker is the only thing working, the power to the window and the lock has dropped off. If I test the driver's rear window with my tester and prob the plug to the window I can make the window go down when try pass window nothing at all

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
I don't have my 13 manual handy. The power locks and windows have failed? Is that correct?

Each door is controlled via its own module. That module is normally fused in the rear junction box. The door module right rear should have 12 + on pin 2 and ground - at pin 13 is memory serves.

If I can help I'll try me best.

Reactions: beretta96

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes your correct lost power to the lock and window at the pass rear door. I have replaced that door control module already. I appreciate all the help with it because I'm lost. I have had the door apart alot trying to locate the problem.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
Okay, let's start like this then. A lot hinges of Pin 14 (return) for connector C832. It's the ground that supplies all your controls.
This is from a newer model be ford engineers are pretty lazy and don't like to change main structural wiring unless forced to.

I'll try to get my 13 manual back here soon.

Another stupid question. The child lock switch wouldn't happen to be engaged or damaged in some way would it? Any accidents or repairs to the area in the past?

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going to pull door back apart no see if pin 14 is the problem,I'll let you know if I find anything there

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
Just double check that you have power to that module. And that the ground is good.

Let me know if I can help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did double check I do have power to the module, and pin 14 I checked it goes into a fusible link I checked that and it good.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
Pin 13

If you aren't testing the pin 2 and pin 13 together then you aren't testing the circuit. You would only checking the these is power to the module.

Here's another angle. In the information center does your rear passenger door show ajar when you open and close it? The door latch also uses Pin 14 to ground for the door ajar circuit. Those latches are notorious for failing. The focus is a different creature for the door ajar signal. It is grounded when open and not grounded when closed.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
With the doors unlocked does the inner handle work? Or only the exterior handle?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Was hitting the unlock button and there is a clicking sound coming from around the fuse box inside the car near glove box there is no relay in there why would there be a clicking sound

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts
For everyone that is following this thread the OP and I moved the discussion to a DM in order dig deeper.

But should anyone else experience this issue after checking the fusing and Connectors please take a look at this:

B1088 Ford Description
The Driver Door Module (DDM) and Passenger Door Module (PDM) communicate with the corresponding Driver Rear Door Module (DRDM) and Passenger Rear Door Module (PRDM) over a dedicated Local Interconnect Network (LIN). The window control on the driver door also provides information to the DDM over the same LIN. In the event of a failure on a LIN, the power windows, power locks, and switch illumination are inoperative in the corresponding rear door. If there is a LIN failure for the DDM, the controls of the window control switch are also inoperative.

Thanks

J

Reactions: beretta96

·
Premium Member
2017 Kona Blue ST1
339 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
For everyone that is following this thread the OP and I moved the discussion to a DM in order dig deeper.

But should anyone else experience this issue after checking the fusing and Connectors please take a look at this:

Hey guys Im thinking I am having the same issue here, I am hoping to get a little assistance in the matter. You all have a bit more technical knowledge/experience in the matter. While plasti dipping my car I had the windows tapped up and accidentally tried to roll the window down.

I was then unable to use any of the door controls on the drivers side. The rear window is also no longer functioning. The other windows function with their respective door controls. I've checked all the fuses and have also replaced the door module it self which had not resolved the problem.

I think replacing the front door module is my next best hop. I was weary of ordering a replacement just yet as I do not know where the module is located at in the car. Would you be able to point me in the right direction?

B1088 Ford Description
The Driver Door Module (DDM) and Passenger Door Module (PDM) communicate with the corresponding Driver Rear Door Module (DRDM) and Passenger Rear Door Module (PRDM) over a dedicated Local Interconnect Network (LIN). The window control on the driver door also provides information to the DDM over the same LIN. In the event of a failure on a LIN, the power windows, power locks, and switch illumination are inoperative in the corresponding rear door. If there is a LIN failure for the DDM, the controls of the window control switch are also inoperative.

Thanks

J

I'm thinking that I am having a pretty similar problem here I'm hoping you guys may be able to help.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts