Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had recently gone stage 1 with just a CBE, I was able to tell the difference right away especially in 1st and 2nd gear the boost in torque wast awesome compared to stock. But just yesterday I installed a green filter and although I believe it wasn't necessary to do a re flash of the stage 1 tune I did it anyways just to make sure everything was properly calibrated. But as soon as I turned of the car and I took off I didnt feel that instant surge of torque in first gear like I previously was feeling. It feels like it was back to the stock time but I know the stage 1 is installed because my AP is reading that it's installed and I still have the Launch control at 2500rpm. I've tried reinstalling and doing the setup all over but I can't seem to get that feeling that I was getting when I first installed it. I'll provide data logs as soon as I can I'm just currently at work and it's really bugging me so I was wondering if someone could maybe help out. I also checked the map slot and I am on the performance slot. If someone could please help me I would appreciate it, and I know I'm not crazy or have gotten use to it because that torque in first gear was undeniable plus I only had like 3 days since I went stage 1.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I had recently gone stage 1 with just a CBE, I was able to tell the difference right away especially in 1st and 2nd gear the boost in torque wast awesome compared to stock. But just yesterday I installed a green filter and although I believe it wasn't necessary to do a re flash of the stage 1 tune I did it anyways just to make sure everything was properly calibrated. But as soon as I turned of the car and I took off I didnt feel that instant surge of torque in first gear like I previously was feeling. It feels like it was back to the stock time but I know the stage 1 is installed because my AP is reading that it's installed and I still have the Launch control at 2500rpm. I've tried reinstalling and doing the setup all over but I can't seem to get that feeling that I was getting when I first installed it. I'll provide data logs as soon as I can I'm just currently at work and it's really bugging me so I was wondering if someone could maybe help out. I also checked the map slot and I am on the performance slot. If someone could please help me I would appreciate it, and I know I'm not crazy or have gotten use to it because that torque in first gear was undeniable plus I only had like 3 days since I went stage 1.
I noticed this today, not sure what's going on. Reflashed my car and all the fun stuff. Did a log and it looks normal. With that being said, ended up buying a Stratified tune today, I see them on the forums and they offer some decent input. I'll see if that helps and what they say.

Edit- Just realized you did almost the same thing I did. I installed a filter yesterday too, maybe that had something to do with it?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Edit- Just realized you did almost the same thing I did. I installed a filter yesterday too, maybe that had something to do with it?
Lesson to all, cause and effect is more prevalent than coincidence. With that said, "my car ran blah blah blah ... until I did blah blah blah" Hmmm, think the two are related yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I noticed this today, not sure what's going on. Reflashed my car and all the fun stuff. Did a log and it looks normal. With that being said, ended up buying a Stratified tune today, I see them on the forums and they offer some decent input. I'll see if that helps and what they say.

I know you just purchased Stratified's tune yesterday but have you been able to compare it to Cobbs OTS tune? I've heard that Stratified tune provides and even better kick when it comes to torque.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lesson to all, cause and effect is more prevalent than coincidence. With that said, "my car ran blah blah blah ... until I did blah blah blah" Hmmm, think the two are related yet?
Like @gswede said I highly doubt a simple filter swap would contribute to any noticeable decrease in performance, if any at all. I mean the oem filter is made out of paper after all, the green one is much better. But as an update, the car is back to normal I ended up "unmarry the AP" and re-installed the ots stage 1 tune.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The one thing that I overlooked on the logs from yesterday is my boost pressure only went to 6%. I know there's like 1,000 threads about that but false alarm on my end.

As for the stratified tune, I'm waiting to get it. I ended up getting the switchable maps for 93 and e30. I'll let you know what I think after I load it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts