Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight, drove my daughter to swimming, like a 10-15 km drive, no issues there or on drive back home. On the way to go back to get her, I noticed some hesitation when accelerating to merge onto highway.

Basically at 3000 rpm, on the gas, the boost gauge moves, the revs increase much slower than normal, and with my foot to the floor, and gauge at 3/4, its really down on power.

No idiot lights flashing, no other symptoms, and never had this happen before. I did a 1800km road trip last week and all was well (and fun!).

Only 6400km on her, so calling dealer tomorrow, but just curious if anyone has an idea of what it could be.. my guess is no boost, even though gauge does move.

oh, and no mods at all, she's a leased car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Did it only happen the one time? We're you in 4th instead of 2nd kind of thing, or has it happened consistently since then?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
9,548 Posts
If your driving has been on the less aggressive side a KAM (Keep Alive Memory) reset may help. The KAM will remember your driving habits and if you drive around like a grand ma for awhile it will in effect de-tune your car for you. You can disconnect the ground cable from the battery and turn on the headlights to completely drain the electrical system then reconnect.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked for codes, looks like the camshaft position sensor is throwing codes.. I have appt at dealer monday morning.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
If your driving has been on the less aggressive side a KAM (Keep Alive Memory) reset may help. The KAM will remember your driving habits and if you drive around like a grand ma for awhile it will in effect de-tune your car for you. You can disconnect the ground cable from the battery and turn on the headlights to completely drain the electrical system then reconnect.
Agreed. Easy thing to check just in case

·
Registered
70 Posts
this is exactly what the car at my dealership was doing. they replaced the cam sensor and it still did it then the cam phasers and solonoids. still did it. them the engine harness and so far it hasn't been back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts