Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a 2017 Focus ST2 and I'm running Stage1 OTS and it's been great to me thus far. I really haven't done any mods but ever since I've installed my TurboSmart BOV i've noticed that the power just isn't there like it used to be. I don't know if these things are related or there might be another underlying issue. I've checked my while boosting and it seems like it's holding consistent numbers and I'm almost reaching my Target boost for my tune (21psi) and getting somewhere in the ball park of 20 - 20.85psi.... I'm not sure if my BOV is defective maybe or if I should just go back to the stock bypass valve. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Yea and you wont always hit your target boost as they are hybrid tuned meaning they are load/boost based, if you are hitting the correct torque without the highest boost needed then your ecu doesnt call for 21 lbs if its able to reach target torque with only 19psi say because octane and charge temps are so good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I feel like I'm not getting as much torque as I should be and that's what I mean by power, not sure if what I'm feeling is actual loss of power or if it's just me getting used to the car... I'm probably just paranoid. This weekend I'll try to adjust the preload on the BOV and see if that helps anything.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I suffered from the paranoia power loss. It's a real thing, this is my first turbo car and blowing it up scares the **** out of me lol You're likely getting used to the power.

Try this, get a buddy to drive your car and you sit in the passenger seat, get him to do some hard pulls.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts