Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may or may not have been asked but I am going to throw it out here. This is my first post. I have a 13 ST. Tangerine Scream. Just turned 51k. I have the Mountune filter, Mountune recirculation valve, and stage 1 tune from Randy. Flashed back in December and it felt quite a bit different from stock. Very jumpy and strong in midrange. More pronounced turbo sounds. Not too long after I started noticing loss of power in the low mid range. Where I cars make most of the power. I ended up replacing the purge valve and thought all would be well. Didn't last long and I'm back to the same feeling of loss of power. No oomph and that push into the seat feeling. It makes boost but it doesn't translate to power to the ground. Still on original clutch. Doesn't slip at full throttle. Been to the dealer and they had a PCM update but couldn't find any boost leaks. Basically everything came out good. Leaves me to think MAP sensor. I'm getting frustrated. Has anyone else had these problems? Thanks for any help

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Hi, and welcome.
Have you checked the spark plug gap?
Did you go to colder plugs when you tuned?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The plugs are stock and have been replaced about a year ago. Randy said that it doesn't need colder plugs. The BPV was installed a month ago because I thought the stock one was leaking. It's getting to where I might just start replacing things. The hesitation in power is annoying. Feels like an Si can beat me now ?

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
The plugs are stock and have been replaced about a year ago. Randy said that it doesn't need colder plugs. The BPV was installed a month ago because I thought the stock one was leaking. It's getting to where I might just start replacing things. The hesitation in power is annoying. Feels like an Si can beat me now ?
Check the BPV first, I was in the process of doing a custom tune with datalogs and my BPV was just not sliding right in the housing against the rubber grommet. I cleaned/lubed it and the problem was fixed. (I also have the Mountune BPV)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll look into that. I had Ford install it. It felt worse before I replaced the BPV. Had a "dead" spot in the pedal. Has anyone had to replace the MAP sensors?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I'm at checking the bypass valve; which was installed not a month ago, and replacing the intake air sensor. I've replaced the MAP sensor. After this I'm out of ideas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts