Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, wanted to see if anyone can give me pointers, still new to the game for Ford's. 2016 ST, Car now has 2800 miles on it, almost for its first oil change. Friday I got off work to go cash my check and when I was pressing the gas, the car was surging, like limp mode, peddle to the ground and car was going no where, like a charge pipe disconnected because lack of boost. When I used to have my Evo that happened to me where a charge pipe blew off barley and it was struggling. No check engine light either. Parked, checked all my pipes, all good, nothing blown off, I cycled the key (button) to reset everything. Start up and still car sounds normal, but lack of power. drove past couple days, still lack of power.

Boost gauge in car, is working, gets to first line before middle and stays there even if i give it more gas, if I'm at open throttle it goes to the line after the middle.
Before it was a constant needle flow.

Temp. here in VA Friday was 78, Sat & today 84ish so not too damn hot.

Only thing I have done to vehicle is Turbosmart BOV and deletion of active shutters, top channel for air to radiator and bottom channel to intercooler.

I searched on the forum and google, but nothing like what I'm experiencing I cant figure it out, any suggestions?

Worst case scenario, I know take it to the dealership, its warranty. But trust me I hate dealerships, I work at one, and being a Tech, man some shady stuff happens at dealerships. Pretty sure i have to take the BOV off back to stock and put back on the shudders and stuff to void warranty.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I do not have a BOV but from reading different threads on this forum my uneducated conclusion would be your BOV has a leak. Maybe not tightened properly or the spring needs adjusting. Hope this helped but someone with your mods and more experience than me will chime in. Good luck man!

·
Registered
7,330 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to go to hope depot to make me a boost leak tester.

Im not tuned, Stock car besides BOV and Cobb Short shifter.
I have a scanner and No codes on vehicle.
Ima put it up in the air again at work tomorrow and put the tester on and try from there.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im going to go to hope depot to make me a boost leak tester.

Im not tuned, Stock car besides BOV and Cobb Short shifter.
I have a scanner and No codes on vehicle.
Ima put it up in the air again at work tomorrow and put the tester on and try from there.
Did you fix your boost loss issue? I just installed my TS Dual Port, and am having the same Issue. Peaking at 18ish, when I used to peak at almost 23. I know my o-rings are seated correctly, I know all the bolts are tightened properly. However I did play around with the spring adjustment. Even took the cap off to see how it looked inside. I am *hoping* that when I re-installed the cap, that I tightened it too much and it's choking the boost before peak. Can that be a side effect of over tightening the spring tension cap(turning it to the "harder" side? I didn't think the adjustment cap could have that effect, but I am hoping so cause i'm not sure what else it could be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts