Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I’m new here but have lurked the forums since I got my 2014 ST 2 months ago. In the past week I’ve noticed massive boost loss after about 20 min of driving but usually before the 20 minutes I’m hitting 19psi in 3rd-6th and after I can hardly hit 12pSi WOT in 3-6 gear and 1-2 9psi I was wondering if anyone knew anything that this could be turbo sounds the same the day I got it no irregular sounds.

·
Premium Member
2018 Ford Focus ST1
1,295 Posts
What's your oil/coolant temperature when it's refusing to boost? Sounds almost like a limp mode due to overheating. Any trouble codes?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,845 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What's your oil/coolant temperature when it's refusing to boost? Sounds almost like a limp mode due to overheating. Any trouble codes?
Oil and coolant temperature stay right in the center of gauge when fully warm. No error codes I checked last night.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Kona Blue ST1
2,845 Posts
Well, I need to see either some DTC'S or data logs. Beyond that I vote haunted.

Reactions: Cory

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I need to see either some DTC'S or data logs. Beyond that I vote haunted.
Can’t really get data logs since I do not have a cobb. But I was just out driving and it was hitting fine it was after every time being in idle without moving for a while when I would get going again it would be at the low pressure but after driving for a few minutes it would return to higher boost levels do you think that this could be due to heat soak in the intercooler?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m hitting 19psi in 3rd-6th and after I can hardly hit 12pSi WOT in 3-6 gear and 1-2 9psi
Although I may not be much of help to answer your question and hopefully someone can provide a helpful answer I would like to offer some advice. Avoid hitting high boost in 5th/6th if you wanna check your psi to get an idea do a wot at 3rd or 4th around 3k rpm and see where your boost peaks. Just a tip if you didn’t know. Hopefully you find a solution!

·
Super Moderator
2014 ST3. Garrett Powermax turbo, Thermal Turboback, CPE intercooler, JBR intake, Innovative RMM
3,957 Posts
Can’t really get data logs since I do not have a cobb. But I was just out driving and it was hitting fine it was after every time being in idle without moving for a while when I would get going again it would be at the low pressure but after driving for a few minutes it would return to higher boost levels do you think that this could be due to heat soak in the intercooler?
After reading your replies further and gauging the driving conditions this happens under, i do believe you're correct. It's being done intentionally by the PCM due to heatsoak. Make sure you get an intercooler On there asap!

Reactions: ST1Dale

·
Registered
178 Posts
You didn't do enough productive lurking. Changing out the OEM air filter and installing a new intercooler are the two things to do first with these cars according to the consensus here.

And welcome aboard.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have a boost issue right now if anyone can help, Was a 100deg day car overheated, AC took a crap and now have no boost(only goes up to first line on boost gauge). I checked the intercooler hoses and everything seem to be connected. No code!! Any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have a boost issue right now if anyone can help, Was a 100deg day car overheated, AC took a crap and now have no boost(only goes up to first line on boost gauge). I checked the intercooler hoses and everything seem to be connected. No code!! Any help would be appreciated
When you lost boost did you notice any weird sounds or anything

·
Super Moderator
9,785 Posts
nope car sounds normal, when i floor the car it spools to the first line of the gauge and holds there.
Is the car tuned? Could be you got it into the economy map.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts