Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Crashed my car and got it fixed about 2 weeks ago. They replaced had the radiator. I first notice this whistling/hissing/suction noise from the front passenger side when doing pulls. I currently max out around 16-17psi where to as before I was getting 21-22psi. Anyone know what it is? And can I fix it myself?

Update: The body shop found the smallest hole in the charge pipe they replaced. They patched it up and I'm now hitting 22 psi again. They will be replacing it with a new one when it comes in.

·
Registered
395 Posts
maybe a charge pipe blew off

·
Premium Member
1,199 Posts
Check your hot side change pipe. You’ll have to go under the car and pull off the underside splash guard.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Id check the MAP in the intercooler and the piping going into the intercooler. They more then likely removed these things to put in the new radiator and very possible they did not tighten them down enough.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
maybe a charge pipe blew off
If it blew off completely he should be getting 0psi (from experience lol it sucks) but perhaps it's just not 100% seated or loose perhaps. Definitely one of the first places I would check for sure.

If you have the stock BPV it sucks also. Commonly dies

·
Registered
395 Posts
If it blew off completely he should be getting 0psi (from experience lol it sucks) but perhaps it's just not 100% seated or loose perhaps. Definitely one of the first places I would check for sure.

If you have the stock BPV it sucks also. Commonly dies
Instant Eco-tune lol

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,200 Posts
Instant Eco-tune lol
I was on a little spirited mountain run, on the other side of the mountain pulling out of a stop sign (literally was pulling out casual...no spirited at all, probably didn't go above -2psi) when suddenly I heard the hissing and was like wtf. Yup, our car is a total dog N/A. It was pathetically slow and I see how much we rely on that turbo lol a stock SE probably would have beaten me. I was terrified to get on it at all though since driving the car without a turbo is obviously not good. So I had to limp it like 25 miles home then got under it and fixed it with some nice hair spray and tightened the hell out of the clamp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts