Ford Focus ST Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yup 2 left and front has started prototype stage we are making it right now

Russ
Yeah I ordered last night, and received a tracking number today, is the front going to be a full bolt on replacement? It's possible but I think a few things are mounted to it (coolant tank, etc.) will it have provisions for those?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yeah I ordered last night, and received a tracking number today, is the front going to be a full bolt on replacement? It's possible but I think a few things are mounted to it (coolant tank, etc.) will it have provisions for those?
The front is in production now. There are alot of things that go into the oem crash bar. Ours will have 100% oem fitment. Meaning anything that the oem bar does or has ours will to. The Fiesta bar we make is much more complicated and we have sold a ton and they work great! We even went as far as making sure the wire loom had holes to clip back into.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The front is in production now. There are alot of things that go into the oem crash bar. Ours will have 100% oem fitment. Meaning anything that the oem bar does or has ours will to. The Fiesta bar we make is much more complicated and we have sold a ton and they work great! We even went as far as making sure the wire loom had holes to clip back into.
Looking forward to it. I haven't had time to install the rear one but can't wait.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
What do you think? First impressions kinda thing

Russ
First impression, When I picked up the box I thought there was nothing in it lol. This thing is light. Stood on the bar and did some push ups on it seems real sturdy. Only flexed a little because it was not bolted on. Powder coating is flat black. real clean, no run off or orange peel. real similar coating to fswerks rear stress bar.. Good for it being behind bumper. I would suggest maybe thicker coating on the front one. Just for someone like me who shaved his front bumper cover and rocks would chip it. Packaging was Superb. This coming from a Ups driver. Lots of peanuts for protection. Nice color instructions in a sealed bag. And one of the best sticker to add to my collection. I will be installing this tomorrow morning. Ill write more up on install and get some pics. Thanks again. Can't wait for the front one. P.S. See above about some brackets for my set up:wink:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
First impression, When I picked up the box I thought there was nothing in it lol. This thing is light. Stood on the bar and did some push ups on it seems real sturdy. Only flexed a little because it was not bolted on. Powder coating is flat black. real clean, no run off or orange peel. real similar coating to fswerks rear stress bar.. Good for it being behind bumper. I would suggest maybe thicker coating on the front one. Just for someone like me who shaved his front bumper cover and rocks would chip it. Packaging was Superb. This coming from a Ups driver. Lots of peanuts for protection. Nice color instructions in a sealed bag. And one of the best sticker to add to my collection. I will be installing this tomorrow morning. Ill write more up on install and get some pics. Thanks again. Can't wait for the front one. P.S. See above about some brackets for my set up:wink:
Glad you like it! It's actual a dual layer powder coat. We have prob 60-80 front fiesta bars out there and zero rock chips.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Glad you like it! It's actual a dual layer powder coat. We have prob 60-80 front fiesta bars out there and zero rock chips.
cool thats good to know. The powder coating is so clean it looks thin (if that makes any sense lol)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Alright guys. Install review first off super easy done in twenty minutes or so. you need to start by doing two tire well bolts on each side. Then two bolts underneath.

Then there is one more bolt/screw behind the tire well covers that bolts the bumper to the frame

Then two bolts holding bumper cover right under hatch and remove the tail lights

Then disconnect light harness connector on passenger side (This is picture with bumper off, do this while bumper is still on.)

Then push tabs on top and gently pull to pop bumper cover off (Do each side separately)

gentle pull will pop out here

pull bumper cover slightly off to disconnect middle connector

Oem bumper almost 12 Lbs

Dhm 3-4 lbs WOW!

Bar mounts perfectly over bolts no problem. I would suggest whipping dirt away. Lots of dirt and rocks fell out of the oem bumper

Reassemble the way you took it off. 20 minutes max
All in all super happy with this. Great product! Thanks DHM!

21 - 40 of 59 Posts