Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve had my 2018 Focus st for about a month now I have the mishimoto universal inter cooler, green filter, after market BOV and mbrp exhaust. I’m remote pro tuned by sneekytuned the man is a genius. I live in Florida so it gets pretty hot during the day and I’ve heard that you can lose boost in the heat but I’m losing 4+ pounds. I plan on checking all of my connections for leaks but my problem is very weird. At night when it is slightly cooler I peak at my 20 psi in 4th gear but during the day I am holding steady at 15 pounds at most. I’m wondering if it could be an intermittent boost leak? Or if the day time heat just really takes that much power. My tuner told me to check for leaks but I still get my boost sometimes. Also I did the Cobb sound symposer delete which was my first suspect for a leak so I put the symposer right back on and I’m still having the problem. You guys are the experts and I’m new to the focus world and the boosted car world.

·
Administrator
13,733 Posts
So I’ve had my 2018 Focus st for about a month now I have the mishimoto universal inter cooler, green filter, after market BOV and mbrp exhaust. I’m remote pro tuned by sneekytuned the man is a genius. I live in Florida so it gets pretty hot during the day and I’ve heard that you can lose boost in the heat but I’m losing 4+ pounds. I plan on checking all of my connections for leaks but my problem is very weird. At night when it is slightly cooler I peak at my 20 psi in 4th gear but during the day I am holding steady at 15 pounds at most. I’m wondering if it could be an intermittent boost leak? Or if the day time heat just really takes that much power. My tuner told me to check for leaks but I still get my boost sometimes. Also I did the Cobb sound symposer delete which was my first suspect for a leak so I put the symposer right back on and I’m still having the problem. You guys are the experts and I’m new to the focus world and the boosted car world.
Boost leak test. 20 psi is still low, A tuned St should be 23-25 peak psi.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We’re doing datalogs and retuning it so I will most likely eventually get to there but I think I’ll try the leak test appreciate it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boost leak test. 20 psi is still low, A tuned St should be 23-25 peak psi.
I’ve gone under my car and looked at every single connection and every hose, there are no holes and no loose connections so I am changing the boomba racing BOV to a turbo smart BOV and if that doesn’t solve my issue then I may try the a new map sensor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts