Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, brand new on here...just picked up a 2014 ST3 a few weeks ago. Noticed when I was hitting bumps the driver side headlight bounced a lot. Took the headlight out today and checked the HID and it looks like the whole projector housing is loose in the headlight. I can grab the back of the bulb and move the whole projector around a little. Is there an easy fix for this besides buying a new headlight? Looked around a little and didn't find much info. Thanks!

·
Registered
244 Posts
I purchased some Focus Electric headlights from the junkyard several years ago and one of them actually had the same problem. From what I recall, if you take off the ballast and the back rubber circular plug you can see that projector is spring loaded into place with the leveler screw. You will need to remove the headlight from the car to see this. The reason that is flopping around into place is the leveler screw is no longer spring loaded into place with the projector housing. I think what I had to do was turn the leveler all the way one direction so that the projector was pointing to the ground and then try and pry the leveler screw back into place with the projector housing with a screw driver. It wasn't easy. I thought I had it and then when I put it back on the car and turned the leveler screw back to raise the projector back up, it popped loose again. It took me several attempts but I eventually fixed it.

Reactions: Duece McCracken

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I purchased some Focus Electric headlights from the junkyard several years ago and one of them actually had the same problem. From what I recall, if you take off the ballast and the back rubber circular plug you can see that projector is spring loaded into place with the leveler screw. You will need to remove the headlight from the car to see this. The reason that is flopping around into place is the leveler screw is no longer spring loaded into place with the projector housing. I think what I had to do was turn the leveler all the way one direction so that the projector was pointing to the ground and then try and pry the leveler screw back into place with the projector housing with a screw driver. It wasn't easy. I thought I had it and then when I put it back on the car and turned the leveler screw back to raise the projector back up, it popped loose again. It took me several attempts but I eventually fixed it.
Awesome man, thanks a lot. I'll see what I can do with that. At least it's worth a shot before I start sourcing a new headlight. I figured I couldn't be the only person who had this problem!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts