Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone,

So the other day I noticed that my car was clicking from the rear passenger side whenever I went over a bump or around a corner. I've isolated the noise to the knuckle being loose and clicking against the trail arm; however, I've tightened everything down and no bolt between the knuckle and trailing arm is loose. If a bushing has gone afoul, which do you think it is?

Would greatly appreciate your help as i can't for the life of me figure this out!

Best,
John

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
68 Posts
Not sure what it is called, but the part that attaches the strut to the car has a bushing that can go bad and make a clinking noise on bumps.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Not sure what it is called, but the part that attaches the strut to the car has a bushing that can go bad and make a clinking noise on bumps.
It only made a noise when I wiggled it left to right on the stands not up and down. Checked the bearing and it was silent and tight. Sound is coming from between the knuckle and that bar going from above the pinch weld to the knuckle

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So my local Ford dealership technician told me that my "aftermarket" rear trailing arm is worn and that's what is causing the issue. Funny thing is - it's stock. I literally cannot stand bringing my car to a Ford Service Center and having inept technicians attempt to make a diagnosis and then argue with me over whether it's stock or not.

That being said, would anyone be able to send me .jpg of the service manual pages showing rear trailing arm replacement? I know there are three bolts on the knuckles, but what do I have to do for the bushing area? Just remove the skirt and undue the bolts?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts