Ford Focus ST Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
What option gives the best result when it comes to performance gains? (non-custom tunes)
Not sure. I made 275 whp and 361 ft lbs with a stratified e30 flash tune. Intake, exhaust, carted dp, and fmic
I am tuned by Torrie and loved my experience...
Links for mods?
All of the vendor tuners (Panda, Stratified, Unleashed, Steeda, Mountune, etc.) will give you almost identical gains. They all do the same work...some have more aggressive torque/throttle tweaks so power comes on sooner and stuff...but all of them can get a "stage 3" car to about 260-270hp and 350tq if you want them to. That's about average. Difference is customer service, personal preference, tuner device of choice, location, time frame of responses, etc. None of them are "best for most performance gains" because one might beat the other...until the other makes some tweaks and beats them back. If you get a custom tune with two of them and tell them both the same thing that you want...you'll probably hardly be able to tell the difference.

I make ~265whp and 350ft/lb torque on Stratified 93 - CPE 3.5" intercooler, AEM DryFlow air filter, Depo racing catless downpipe, and some smaller negligible mods. E30 would put me almost identical to Hitachi_Bakku. Panda, JST, Unleashed, etc. guys all make about that much as well on the same mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am tuned from Brew City Boost, and have been on a few of my Eco's and also my 5.0 F-150. We are running E-30 right now, and I will be doing some dyno's VERY soon. They have been leaders in SAAB turbo tuning for years, and got my stock turbo SHO into the 11's without Meth or Nitrous!!! So far only one to ever do that! This to me is the best option for the SCT users. I have a good friend with COBB and he switched after driving mine. I do know that Alex does great work with COBB, we had discussions when my Fusion was one of the first to actually be tuned, and fully bolted on.

https://www.brewcityboost.com/

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Just a quick note...Freektune and Rebeldevil won't tune with SCT X4. I ordered from both and both refunded my money.
I just saw this....3 months and a day later :lol: is this really true? I edited the post to reflect this change...but I almost picture seeing something about SCT on Freeks site. Maybe I'm losing it :lol:

·
Registered
559 Posts
I am looking to do mine soon. I am curious though. Should I just get both 91 and 93 for a just in case I can't find 93 where I drive? Or just say switch back to say the Cobb OTS 91 tune if I had to, saying I got someone elses tune for the 93.

·
Super Moderator
8,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I am looking to do mine soon. I am curious though. Should I just get both 91 and 93 for a just in case I can't find 93 where I drive? Or just say switch back to say the Cobb OTS 91 tune if I had to, saying I got someone elses tune for the 93.
91 is considerably more rare than 93 is. I find 92 more often than I do 91...so I GUESS you could potentially run a 91 tune for 91 or 92 pumps in the middle of nowhere. What I personally do if I end up in a bad spot where I can't find 93 (only happens going to the beach usually) is I will flash back to a Cobb OTS tune if it's an emergency. I put 93 from a garbage 7/11 into my car and saw -6 corrections on all 4 cylinders and the car wanted to die and I learned it wasn't actually 93 I put into my car lol. Flashed back to OTS 91 until the tank was gone

·
Registered
559 Posts
91 is considerably more rare than 93 is. I find 92 more often than I do 91...so I GUESS you could potentially run a 91 tune for 91 or 92 pumps in the middle of nowhere. What I personally do if I end up in a bad spot where I can't find 93 (only happens going to the beach usually) is I will flash back to a Cobb OTS tune if it's an emergency. I put 93 from a garbage 7/11 into my car and saw -6 corrections on all 4 cylinders and the car wanted to die and I learned it wasn't actually 93 I put into my car lol. Flashed back to OTS 91 until the tank was gone
Thanks. Yeah we have mostly 92 pumps where I live in Upstate NY. There are 93 as well but then seem to be more 92. I will just do the 93 since that is where I normally get my gas anyway. Not like I can not find 93 so that will work.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The way you have it listed makes Mountune USA look expensive. If you buy the Cobb AP3 from them, you get 45 days of free custom tuning from Randy Robles over there, which is plenty of time for him to get you set up. On sale, I got the AP3 for $450 and we went back and forth with datalogs and custom tunes until he had it where I wanted it. It also has launch control and "flat foot" shifting. He would have done an E30 tune for me as well, but I didn't need that. The price on their site is $550 now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The way you have it listed makes Mountune USA look expensive. If you buy the Cobb AP3 from them, you get 45 days of free custom tuning from Randy Robles over there, which is plenty of time for him to get you set up. On sale, I got the AP3 for $450 and we went back and forth with datalogs and custom tunes until he had it where I wanted it. It also has launch control and "flat foot" shifting. He would have done an E30 tune for me as well, but I didn't need that. The price on their site is $550 now.
If you are starting from scratch...the B1 package is a pretty good deal. It packages the Intercooler, AP3 & the Mountune filter for $853 (with coupon code). Everyone needs a FMIC so it is fairly affordable way to get the critical bits.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Purple drank is hands down the best I have worked with so far, been with Stratified. I get faster responses, but that is probably due to Stratified being so big. No shots at them.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts