Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the Focus ST life and new to forums. I purchased my ST about 2 months ago and I am looking for 3 things and hopefully someone with more experience can make some suggestions.
Number 1 is some ST branded floor mats, preferably rubber. I know I am being overly picky with this but I have them in my VW and I like the way they accent the car.
The second thing is a good car cover that will hold up in winter weather because unfortunately I do not have a garage to keep my ST in.
Last thing is vent visors. I've read so many reviews about AVS not fitting properly and the in-channels damaging the windows.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I love my full weathertechs. I hear husky is decent too
The part where the floor liner attaches to the anchor, broke off on my huskies. Like the ring that the anchor goes into broke. Not sure if that is common, but that is my experience lol

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome!

1) I have no recommendations for rubber floor mats/liners with an ST logo for you, as I'm not sure I've seen anything that meets those criteria. Without a logo, if you truly prefer rubber, WeatherTech and Husky liners seem to be far and away the most popular. But might I ask, why do you prefer rubber? If you're jus wanting all-weather functionality and associate that with rubber, then I might suggest you consider Findway mats instead. They're made of a synthetic fiber but are "3D" mats and are fully weatherproof, just like the aforementioned rubber liners. However, they look almost completely OEM and are cheaper thanks to the Canadian exchange rate.

2) I don't own a car cover, but Covercraft makes some good products and might have what you're looking for

3) for window visors, I've read quite a bit of mixed reviews/experiences with in-channels as well, but I think a lot of that comes down to user error. I have the AVS in-channel visors myself, and I'm very happy with them. No window damage (that I've seen/experienced). The front visors fit completely perfectly, however the rears do appear to be just slightly off. Nothing a little extra care while installing can't resolve. Might help if you replace the double stick tape that comes included with some stronger 3M tape.

If you'd prefer stick-on visors, the Mugen style ones are definitely the most popular choice here from what I've seen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The part where the floor liner attaches to the anchor, broke off on my huskies. Like the ring that the anchor goes into broke. Not sure if that is common, but that is my experience lol
Same on mine. Well, the top and bottom halves came unsnapped on mine, not sure if that's what you're describing. The Huskies have a lifetime warranty, but I just JB Welded the ring/anchor thing back together. Wasn't worth the hassle of shipping/waiting to send them back, just for them to snap them back together and send the same thing back. Throw some JB Weld in there and snap 'em back together, they'll never come apart again.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
was going to get weathertech mats, but after getting them for the wife's escape, there are a couple of things that really bother me about them. first, they do not go high enough, for instance they only go up the dead pedal about half way of a little less. also there is nothing holding down the passenger side mat and it just slides around when your feet are on it. also because of them being shorter, when placing my feet all the way forward, half of my shoe is still touching the carpet which makes no sense for a top of the line protectant floor mat. everything i read about the focus version said they had the same problems

so for the ST I went with the husky liners and couldn't be happier, they go up a lot further protecting more of the carpet, and both of the mats use the little spikes on the bottom and neither mat has any problem staying right where they are placed.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Picked up some 3D MAXpider Kagu mats back in September, and have been very impressed with them so far. They're a slightly different look and feel than most all-weather mats/liners, but still hold up well and clean off easily.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Picked up some 3D MAXpider Kagu mats back in September, and have been very impressed with them so far. They're a slightly different look and feel than most all-weather mats/liners, but still hold up well and clean off easily.
I have the same mats. Very impressed. I also modded them by replacing the 3d Maxpider logo with ST badges I bought off eBay.

IMG_20180122_133509041.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts