Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im looking at getting an aftermarket blow off valve but not sure which one I should go with. Im leaning more towards a Turbosmart Kompact or a Boobmba Racing adjustable. I have a full mountune cold air intake kit with a Rev9 cat-back 3" muffler delete exhaust. Plan on getting a Cobb high-flow catted turbo downpipe and Cobb accessport tuner later down the road. Need advise if I should go with the Turbosmart or the Boomba racing or maybe another blow off valve you suggest. Im just starting with small stuff for now. Thank you.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,614 Posts
I have a turbosmart bypass valve and like it. Run it off vacuum from symposer delete or similar port to work properly.

You can hear some pssh even with a BPV if you have metal intake, open end filter, open lid, etc.

I wanted more of a sleeper than something really loud.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a turbosmart bypass valve and like it. Run it off vacuum from symposer delete or similar port to work properly.

You can hear some pssh even with a BPV if you have metal intake, open end filter, open lid, etc.

I wanted more of a sleeper than something really loud.
What exactly does a symposer delete do? I'm not familiar with that.

·
Registered
2016 ST2, Absolute Black, Monster FMIC, Turbosmart BPV, ALEX' Shift Bushings,PCV-OCC, Innovative RMM
1,614 Posts
The symposer is the fake sound thing. In the way of many aftermarket intakes. The diaphragm inside mine was cracked at less than 40,000 miles. This would allow some boost out. A new one was pricey, so I ditched mine. A lot of folks don't like it, but I didn't mind it and might have kept it if it lasted longer.

I got a JBR symposer delete, but got an 1/4 elbow with more barbs on it from a napa with a good selection of fittings because they made hydraulic hoses. I also unhook and use the port for GDI valve cleaner.
But then I also added catch cans too.

Search results for query: symposer delete

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I understand what a symposer does now. I do have a Mishimoto oil catch can and I am amazed at the amount of oil it picks up.

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
I've had most of them at this point--stock, Mountune, Boomba Adjustable, and Turbosmart 50/50. I like the Turbosmart the best of all of them. I should've just gotten the TS to begin with.

·
Registered
2017 Ford Focus ST
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've had most of them at this point--stock, Mountune, Boomba Adjustable, and Turbosmart 50/50. I like the Turbosmart the best of all of them. I should've just gotten the TS to begin with.
I tried look Iooking for a Mountune one since I plan on running a good bit from Mountune. Mainly because if I get an accessport from Mountune they ask for a list of mods so they can base the tune from there. But I didn't see one on their site.

·
Administrator
12,698 Posts
I tried look Iooking for a Mountune one since I plan on running a good bit from Mountune. Mainly because if I get an accessport from Mountune they ask for a list of mods so they can base the tune from there. But I didn't see one on their site.
Mountune only makes a BPV for our platform

·
Premium Member
1,279 Posts
If you have an open-ended air filter, you'll get a little bit of noise from the Mountune BPV, but not much. Quality piece, though. If you want some noise, go with the Turbosmart. I just wasn't terribly happy with the Boomba Adjustable, and their installation with the stand-offs is a bit of a pain.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Go Fast Bits (GFB) make excellent products too... But my VTA BOV from them is VERY loud... I love it, but stay away from them if you want something a bit more "subtle".

Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Focus ST
380 Posts
Have a Boomba racing one, and I love it. It’s routed to a true vacuum as well. Had a turbosmart kompact in it before and the difference in noise is louder with the boomba bov. All personal preference but worth it.

·
Registered
2013 TS ST3, with some stuff done.
763 Posts
Just to let you guys know, Mountune recently went broke, but have been rescued by another party, but they seem to be struggling with stock, a lot of their stuff is on order only at the moment, they seem to be mostly concentrating on the new mk4 Focus, the mk8 Fiesta and the New Puma here in U.K.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Thx. Sounds tough, best luck to mountune. They seem to have some quality stuff.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just to let you guys know, Mountune recently went broke, but have been rescued by another party, but they seem to be struggling with stock, a lot of their stuff is on order only at the moment, they seem to be mostly concentrating on the new mk4 Focus, the mk8 Fiesta and the New Puma here in U.K.
Sad news, but sounds pretty much per-for-course in the world, right now... Not easy times for the majority (especially those outside the USA).

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
I have a Mountune BPV, no issues so far but I am on the stock tune...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts