Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a '16 st with 17,000 miles on it. The one owner before me had it straight piped with borla exhaust and modified the suspension. The dealer said they put the exhaust back to stock leaving the borla setup and put the suspension back to stock. It's an st1 and the dealer is asking 20,995. Do you guys think I should buy it or leave it? And how much do you think the previous owner abused it?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I personally think it's way too high. Not sure where you live but here's an example - same price for a brand new '16 ST1 in the Kansas City area. This is a dealer I actually trust and have bought several vehicles from:

New 2016 Ford Focus ST ST For Sale in Kansas City & Leavenworth, KS | 1FADP3L91GL405078

Edit: Also, without more info it's hard to say if the previous owner abused it... But I had a '13 ST and traded it in. A year later I started looking for another one & couldn't find a used ST that didn't appear to be beat up (one reason I think the resale sucks on these). Ended up buying a left over new '14 in March '15. Glad I did...

·
Registered
16 Posts
What part of the country are you in? I recently got a 2017 for $200 more at a volume dealer in MD. 16s were going for a shade under 20k.

·
Registered
395 Posts
way too high, brand new ST3's are going for ~27.5k

Reactions: Cowlynz

·
Registered
313 Posts
Absolutely not at that price. As the others have stated, brand new 2016 ST1s should be going for around 21k tops, especially now that 2017s have hit the lots. I paid just about $27.5k OTD for my brand new 2016 ST3 at the end of October, and I've seen a few posters recently getting even better deals with the year-end rebates on the same MY. You absolutely should not be paying anywhere near that price for a 2016 ST1 with 17k miles, even in California.

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Dealer is trying to re-coup his cost of getting the ST back to warranty condition. Can't blame them.
You should be able to find a better deal.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I got my '16 ST1 with sunroof for $21k brand new. You can do better. Wait until late Summer/early Fall and get a 2017 new for the same price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for replying guys it really helps. Just found a 2016 st1 with 7,000 miles for 19,995. It is purely stock and has not been modified. What do you guys think of this one?

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks for replying guys it really helps. Just found a 2016 st1 with 7,000 miles for 19,995. It is purely stock and has not been modified. What do you guys think of this one?
Thats still to much for a used one, people are getting new 16's for that and less. I bought mine new for less than that first quote you posted.
Keep looking you'll find your deal, good luck.

Have you called Ford and asked for a ST brochure, that will most likely get you another $750 off with there private cash.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats still to much for a used one, people are getting new 16's for that and less. I bought mine new for less than that first quote you posted.
Keep looking you'll find your deal, good luck.

Have you called Ford and asked for a ST brochure, that will most likely get you another $750 off with there private cash.
I have not called ford but I will do that. how are you guys finding new ones at lower prices? Is 18,100 ok for a 2014 st1 with 31,000 miles?

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,172 Posts
I have not called ford but I will do that. how are you guys finding new ones at lower prices? Is 18,100 ok for a 2014 st1 with 31,000 miles?
Talk them down some. My ST3 is worth around that with 27k miles in perfect shape and all options. KBB has me at like 18600 or so private seller

·
Registered
475 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts