Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Beat me to it...

Reactions: elyk864

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
Other than the wonderful duck call BOV.. @Boomba Racing is absolutely the loudest and I love mine.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Have a Boomba. Can confirm.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Other than the wonderful duck call BOV.. @Boomba Racing is absolutely the loudest and I love mine.
Does the Boomba (or hell, Turbosmart or any of those) get annoying after a while? I had one on my SRT-4 many years ago and there were times I hated it because I would barely rev and it would blow off. Just curious....

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Does the Boomba (or hell, Turbosmart or any of those) get annoying after a while? I had one on my SRT-4 many years ago and there were times I hated it because I would barely rev and it would blow off. Just curious....
yes...very annoying. However, you're tolerance and definition of annoying may be different and subjective.

·
Registered
457 Posts
well with any BOV the focus does blow off quite easily, you dont necessarely need to be in boost for it to blow off so its personal preference at this point because some can find it annoying after a while and some others may not, I have the boomba for a lil over 4 years now and its still doesnt annoy me, but if you get easily annoyed by BOV that easily goes off then stay away from any VTA BOV on the focus ST

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Have a boomba as well. If you don't want to hear it you can slowly back off the throttle and get another cool noise.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
11,883 Posts
I really like boomba products, but i hate non distinct bovs.

Totally sounds like air brakes, had to ditch mine and went HKS. Everytime the boomba popped i felt like an 18 wheeler coming to a stop. Not my cup of tea at all.

Duck/turkey call is something i can get behind though. For realz.

·
Administrator
11,883 Posts
well with any BOV the focus does blow off quite easily, you dont necessarely need to be in boost for it to blow off so its personal preference at this point because some can find it annoying after a while and some others may not, I have the boomba for a lil over 4 years now and its still doesnt annoy me, but if you get easily annoyed by BOV that easily goes off then stay away from any VTA BOV on the focus ST
Well theres a huge difference in BOV activation dependant on whether you use true manifold pressure or the OEM solenoid hookup. The OEM setup is super annoying. False pops constantly. Pulling true vacuum off the manifold leads to no falses. This move is not recommended for the stock BPV though, just for aftermarket BPV/BOV

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
So using a the vacuum off a the annoying fake sound generator is recommended correct? Just cap the line being used on the valve stock wise?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I really like boomba products, but i hate non distinct bovs.

Totally sounds like air brakes, had to ditch mine and went HKS. Everytime the boomba popped i felt like an 18 wheeler coming to a stop. Not my cup of tea at all.

Duck/turkey call is something i can get behind though. For realz.
I've always dug the HKS sound. The air brakes I would dig for a little while but just like my SRT, I quickly got annoyed with it.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Ford Fusion Sport
8,198 Posts
So using a the vacuum off a the annoying fake sound generator is recommended correct? Just cap the line being used on the valve stock wise?
Yeah since most symposer delete block off plates have a little nipple on them that you can source true vacuum from, that's the ideal way to run it. I'm a lazy person recently given life circumstances so guess who still hasn't done this on his own car? So guess who still gets the "pssh...pssh...pssh...pssh..." occasionally when cruising the highway? Sigh.

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
Year One,
Me: THIS BLOW OFF VALVE IS AWESOME!! :D :D
Year Two,
Me: sounds soo good...Pshhhhhh!
Year Three,
Me: Yah I have a Blow off valve installed, its pretty cool wanna hear it?
Year Four,
Its loud and annoying, why didn't I stick with a BPV...
Year Five,
Installs BPV.

·
Vendor
3,278 Posts
Year One,
Me: THIS BLOW OFF VALVE IS AWESOME!! :D :D
Year Two,
Me: sounds soo good...Pshhhhhh!
Year Three,
Me: Yah I have a Blow off valve installed, its pretty cool wanna hear it?
Year Four,
Its loud and annoying, why didn't I stick with a BPV...
Year Five,
Installs BPV.
We do offer those fully adjustable BPVs that can be totally quiet when you want, but pull a screw or two out and they make some noise. :cool:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts