Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've mentioned in another thread or two I purchased a 2017 ST3 Tuesday afternoon.

ST3 (2).jpg

My experience at the dealership was not great when dealing with a couple of the reps and feel like I didn't get the full service one should expect when purchasing a brand new car. I think some of it has to do with not willing to budge off of my "I want it for 26k out the door" price. They didn't go over any accessories, options etc. Then yesterday I get a call from their "Accessories guy" that said they were holding up on sending my financing over to USAA until they got a chance to talk to me about adding any optional items and that I may want to throw them into the financing.

Ooook, sure let's talk about it. I would really prefer to have the upgraded wheels(the 5 spoke vs the snowflake) and the red calipers. He the proceeds to tell me that it would be best if I just got caliper covers as it would cost me $500 to get them painted by them and that it would be an additional $1500 for the wheels for a total of $2k. I told him uhh no thanks, I'll just get some aftermarket wheels for about half the cost.

I then ask him about the front and rear husky floor mats. "Oh ya sure, those are really nice. Looks like those run $250"

I then tell him don't bother and to go ahead and send the purchase info over to USAA knowing full well the same husky mats can be ordered online for $130.

Now today I'm online building a new 2017 ST3 from Ford and I see that upgrading to the premium wheels with red calipers is only a $495 fee

optional.JPG

I mean....what the hell? :shocked:

Is it even worth calling to complain? And if so who would I contact?

·
Registered
440 Posts
If you got the ST3 package, and the sales rep wasn't willing to show you all the options then contact the sales manager.

If that doesn't work, you contact the owner of the dealership and explain to them you aren't looking for a bunch of free stuff added to the car, but telling you it's going to cost $2000 for a $500 upgrade is unacceptable.

That's my opinion anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya def not looking for any freebies or handouts. They also refused to give me the full $500 ford military discount because I was "just a veteran" and not active military. I had to "meet them halfway" and throw in $250

Seriously one of the worst car buying experiences I've had...had to keep myself from walking out several times only because I really needed a new car and my trade in had already been processed and I had a really hard time finding an ST3 in Austin, Tx for some reason.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Remember that is $495 from the factory. If you got the ST3 already sitting there with snowflakes they'll have to order the 5 spokes and replace them. $2000 could be close to accurate, as it isn't like the ford or factory is just going to buy back the snowflakes.

$500 for the caliper paint sounds right... 4 calipers removed, painted, re-installed, and brake system bleeding.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Remember that is $495 from the factory. If you got the ST3 already sitting there with snowflakes they'll have to order the 5 spokes and replace them. $2000 could be close to accurate, as it isn't like the ford or factory is just going to buy back the snowflakes.

$500 for the caliper paint sounds right... 4 calipers removed, painted, re-installed, and brake system bleeding.
Make some sense I suppose, but that's insane. I guess I'm lucky I found someone wanting to part with their 5 spokes for only $200 as they have been sitting in their garage taking up space from day 1 and look brand new with only 50 miles on them. I'll do the calipers myself. I just have to find the TPMS sensors online for a decent before I have them swapped out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yeah upgrading when ordering the car via options or trim levels is completely different from adding additional stuff from the dealer. Ford is charging you an upgrade for different wheels and calipers vs extra wheels. Factory wheels aren't cheap, i imagine 350-400 apiece for the split spoke premium wheels. As far as going over all the features and how to work them thats a poor salesperson and you can reflect that in your survey or speak with the sales manager. Also for future reference never leave a car dealer with a car until financing is complete and all paperwork signed. They shouldn't even have a chance to call you for add-ons since everything is finalized before you leave.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I wanted the premium wheels too, however the car on the lot didn't have them. So I worked with the dealer and they sent my Snowflakes out and had them powder coated gloss black for $80.00. Then I painted the calipers red w/ Duplicolor caliper paint $20.00. So all in all $100.00 and I'm really pleased with it.

After Paint.JPG
After Paint 3.JPG

·
Registered
183 Posts
Powder coated all 4 wheels for only $80???? or $80 ea? I need in on that deal!
All 4 for $80 total. My dealer sent them out to their "guy", don't know who :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All 4 for $80 total. My dealer sent them out to their "guy", don't know who :(
wow that's a hell of a deal...and looks sharp too! I'm picking up that set of premium wheels for $200 tomorrow. I'll look into painting my calipers this weekend and all will be right with the world again :)

·
Registered
162 Posts
All 4 for $80 total. My dealer sent them out to their "guy", don't know who
wow that's a hell of a deal...and looks sharp too! I'm picking up that set of premium wheels for $200 tomorrow. I'll look into painting my calipers this weekend and all will be right with the world again

That's a great deal 80 for all 4. Since we don't have a guy that cheap, I plasti dipped them. Gives me 1000 color choices and I can change them when ever. Other then the weight we like the snowflakes....Remind me of the ole lambo wheels

·
Registered
462 Posts
I'm going to pull one last ditch effort to convert you to the cult of snowflakes.

Gold. If only you lived near me, I would let you come over and we could see how they looked on a black car.

They even look good when dirty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm going to pull one last ditch effort to convert you to the cult of snowflakes.

Gold. If only you lived near me, I would let you come over and we could see how they looked on a black car.

They even look good when dirty.
These are so clean!!! I have a shadow black ST that I want to color my snowflakes gold on. Did you powder coat them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Yes, like Choppa, mine are powder coated. (I actually have two sets of snowflakes, the golds have Eagle F1s for now, and the rado grays have Pirelli P-Zero A/S)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts