Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I currently have an aftermarket BOV (turbosmart), and I was wondering if the CPE kit is worth the upgrade. I am using the stock vacuum pump line, not using intake manifold pressure, and I've heard that this blows off very quickly for safety reasons. This is my daily driver, so I wanted to be completely sure that using "real" intake vacuum will not lessen the longevity of the car. My last question is about the difficulty of the installation. I have seen some videos, and it seems pretty tricky because the space is very limited. I'm most interested in the kit with an HKS BOV, unless there's a better reason to get the kit with the Tial BOV. Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
7,062 Posts
Hello! I currently have an aftermarket BOV (turbosmart), and I was wondering if the CPE kit is worth the upgrade. I am using the stock vacuum pump line, not using intake manifold pressure, and I've heard that this blows off very quickly for safety reasons. This is my daily driver, so I wanted to be completely sure that using "real" intake vacuum will not lessen the longevity of the car. My last question is about the difficulty of the installation. I have seen some videos, and it seems pretty tricky because the space is very limited. I'm most interested in the kit with an HKS BOV, unless there's a better reason to get the kit with the Tial BOV. Thanks in advance!
The CP-e kit is only an upgrade if you plan on going big turbo. More specifically a big turbo that requires an external bov setup, such as an ATP kit.

Its an easy install, if you undo the 4 bolts for the radiator support support the rad, and flex it out of the way. Gives you all the room.

If you don't plan on going big turbo, then you are just dropping 500 bucks for a novelty. Granted it does have a single meth bung, but you could just get their methcharge pipe instead.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, thanks. If I decide to go with a bigger turbo, it will probably be with an RS head and the RS turbo, like I mentioned in another thread somewhere around here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
UnfocusedST
Ford Focus ST Forum
We’re the premiere Ford Focus ST forum with discussions on the 2013+ Focus ST. Join the community and see the latest news, photos, videos, classifieds, reviews, events and more!
Full Forum Listing